Zodi Hot Water Shower

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by Here4Deer, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Here4Deer

Here4Deer Member

Jul 18, 2017
    I'm headed to Montana here in a couple weeks on a hunt. I need/want a hot water shower. Anyone know the difference between the single burner Zodi and the double burner? Looks like both heat to 100 degrees for about a 5 minute shower.

2. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    ive got the single burner works good here in mo ,but when you go west its a little colder,we use mountain stream water so its dang cold to start out with and generally takes about 20 minutes running the water back in the bucket to get to a temp that is bearable to shower with. the double would prolly cut that time in half would be my guess and that is a guess.

Bootheel Boy, Dafish and Here4Deer like this.

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You get twice the heat with a double burner.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Sully, Here4Deer and BustinBucks like this.
  4. Here4Deer

Here4Deer Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Makes sense. I was just confused as both said they heat to 100 degrees.

5. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

I've got the single burner one, and I cant say if they heat to 100 degrees or what, but if you just turn it on and take a shower it is inconsistent. there are hot spots and cold spots. It is all affected by wind, fire setting, and the initial temp of the water. My guess is that with the double burner model, there is a more consistent output of temperature as the water passes through both coils getting a little heat from each. Also, it can heat colder water to the temp you want in a single path.

However, I have found a way to eliminate all of that. I turn on the fire on high and start the water pump and just spray the heated water back into the bucket it is drawing from. Then it heats the entire bucket and when it is at the temp i want, which can easily exceed 100 degrees, I turn the fire off and take my shower. That works much better and wouldn't matter if you had the single burner or double burner except the double burner would probably get to temp quicker.

Here4Deer likes this.