Z7 Disaster

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by MCK9, Nov 3, 2010.

1. MCK9

MCK9 Active Member

Well my bottom cam and string are toast on my Z7. I will also tell you carbon fiber splinters hurt and sting real bad when you pull them out. Heres the story.

I was sitting in my TreeWalker stand and a large doe and three small ones come buy just as the sun is starting to set. Lead doe keeps looking up at me so I dont stand just wait for her to pass to get a quartering away shot. I draw get her in the sight and pull the release trigger. I here this awful noise and my bow about jumps out of my hand. I see the nock and flecting end of my arrow fly off to my left. Look at the bow and string was off the cam. The cam was rotated and a big chunk was out of it. When I shot the cam hit the shooting rail of the stand.

I climb down find my arrow shaft and the other part with the fletching. There was about 2" missing in between the two parts. I had some of that in my left hand when I removed my glove. Luckily didn't go in to deep and pulled right out.

I called my dealer on the way home from the woods and he is gone on a hunting trip. I have to call back tommorrow as he has a guy coming in to work at the shop for him while he is gone. Hopefully they have and extra cam and string so I can get it put back together. I took vacation next week to hunt and this could really put a hurt on that.

Just had to vent a little still kinda steaming as to how I could have done that. :mad2::mad2:

2. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    Man that sucks, hope you get your bow ready for next week. How do you like that tree walker?

3. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Dang that stinks...hope ya get it fixed FAST.

4. MCK9

MCK9 Active Member

I really liked it until I did that. It is more comfortable than my Lone Wolf Sit and Climb. I would have had a dead deer and not a broken bow with LW. Well lesson learned I guess. Won't put the shooting rail in the up position again while bowhunting.

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    dang i hope it all works out

6. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    FYI...I've had a guy blow his entire bow up from hitting his deck railing the same way, Mathews replaced both limbs and cams for nothing.

Just don't lie to them.

7. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :eek: That is spooky stuff! Glad you came out decently unhurt.

Parker

8. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    Hope you get it back together,weather changes could make for good hunting.

9. Big_Bullseye

Big_Bullseye Honey Badger Phat Sack

Nov 2, 2004
    Franklin County
    since you have that Z7 I assume you have an old bow? I kept my old bow (outback) set up just for this reason. Scared I would break something on my one week I get to hunt during the rut.

I hope you get her fixed soon man.... Good luck.

10. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Me being a Bowtech guy I was gonna bash your Mathews but now that I read your story I find it was shooter error. This type of stuff happens from time to time. Hope you get it going for the next weeks hunting.

Good Luck

11. Z7shooter237

Z7shooter237 Member

Sep 29, 2010
    hope u get it fixed, gotta love the Z7, awesome shooting bow

12. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Feel your pain bud, I done the same thing a few years back, but mine wasn't a doe. It was a 140+ 10 point I had been setup 20 yds from him bedding for 2 1/2 hours before I pulled that stunt.:mad2:

13. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Good to hear you weren't seriously hurt.

14. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get it taken care of soon.

That's the one thing that worries me sometimes when shooting from my climber. I always check my position and make sure I clear the front bar.

15. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Wow that stinks, I am sure Mathews will take care of you.

16. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have a 28.5" cam for a Z7, not sure what size you need.... but you're welcome to it. :wave:

17. MCK9

MCK9 Active Member

[rquote=1879509&tid=130872&author=Wings Fan 19]I have a 28.5" cam for a Z7, not sure what size you need.... but you're welcome to it. :wave:[/rquote]

Thanks for the offer wish it was an inch longer I need a 29.5

18. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    did it crack or hurt the bottom limb?

19. MCK9

MCK9 Active Member

[rquote=1880521&tid=130872&author=dodge]did it crack or hurt the bottom limb?[/rquote]

No limbs seem to be fine. I took it to the dealer tonight and they didn't have a cam in stock for it. They are going to get it fixed for me though. They loaned me a dxt to use while I wait to get it back. Great service there!:claphands: I will have to get it sighted in tommorrow and be back hunting.:claphands:

20. MOhunter46

MOhunter46 New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Sedalia,MO
    [rquote=1880728&tid=130872&author=MCK9][rquote=1880521&tid=130872&author=dodge]did it crack or hurt the bottom limb?[/rquote]

No limbs seem to be fine. I took it to the dealer tonight and they didn't have a cam in stock for it. They are going to get it fixed for me though. They loaned me a dxt to use while I wait to get it back. Great service there!:claphands: I will have to get it sighted in tommorrow and be back hunting.:claphands:[/rquote]
    Dang, thats neat that they would loan you a bow, who is your dealer?