youth weekend

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by dodge, Oct 31, 2010.

1. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    I didnt see as many deer as i expected. I didnt see any good bucks just a few year and a halfs and spikes. No shooters. saw a few does but nothin worth shooting. how was your weekend?

2. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    My daughter (10) had fun, but she couldn't sit in one spot long enough. She wanted to walk around and we bumped a nice 10pt that I rattled in on friday evening (got busted). Then this morning same thing only we bumped 3 does. I stressed the importance of staying put, but this was her hunt and I let her dictate it. I'll probably take her out with me during the regular rifle season as well.

3. hodawg

hodawg Active Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Had a great weekend - saw a lot of deer and my youngest son got his first buck. Still trying to get him to post the story and pics on here. Hopefully later tonight after trick-or-treating (he's chaperoning his younger cousin).

4. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    well the kids out on the hunting ground never fired a shot that i know of, gonna email some pictures to them in a little bit :D but their not the best about hunting the wind .no matter how many times i tellem:hysterical:

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    We just came in and had a buck at 200 and could not get him any further! That was the only deer we saw!