*****Youth Turkey Hunt Raffle !!!! HURRY ENDS MARCH 22nd*****

Discussion in 'Projects & Hunts' started by henry, Mar 5, 2006.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

We are happy to announce that there will be a raffle for a youth turkey hunt for the 2006 youth season.

Mobiggerbucks has been kind enough to donate a youth hunt, to be raffled to help raise funds for our hunters with disabilities hunts. He was telling me at the classic that they have land that lays right in the middle of many acres of property that is intensely managed for wild life. He wanted to make a hunt available to take advantage of the fantastic turkey hunting available on his land. He loves to help introduce kids to the world of hunting and thought this would be a great way to do it. Mrb and myself would like to apologize for the short time frame of this raffle. We dropped the ball and did'nt pursue this as soon as we should have. (we lost track of time,,,it happens to old folks when their busy)

The hunt will take place during the 2 day youth season. It will take place at Mobiggerbucks land south of Higbee Mo. If accomadations are needed there are motels in Moberly about 12 miles away or a cabin is available on site with fishing right out the front door. The cabin has electricity and running water is available nearby. A turkey tag will be the responsibilitiy of the hunter as well as transportation to and from the hunt. Poor Valley has also donated a turkey call to be included with the hunt. I'll see that it is there on the grounds when the lucky hunter arrives for his or hers hunt. If a shotgun is needed one can be made available. I have 20's and 12's that will work nicely.

Mobiggerbucks can give more details. I can however attest to the high quality turkey hunting in this part of Missouri though. Our lands are only about 7 or 8 miles apart and I have hunted this part of the state for turkey for over 25 years.

Raffle chances are $5 each or 5 for $20.
    Chances can be purchased on behalf of any youth that qualifies for the youth season. (the youths name must accompany the raffle payment)
    To purchase a raffle chance just click the report post button in the top right hand corner of this post and type in purchase raffle chances for your reason for reporting the post. Include the number of chances you want to purchase.
    Mail payment to Missouriwhitetails.com----P.O. box 613----Moberly Mo 65270
    Raffle applications will be accepted until march 22nd with the drawing to be held on March 25th. This will allow 3 days for payment to reach us before the drawing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The reason for using the report post button to submit your raffle request is to automatically send a copy to all moderators and administrators of this site. This will allow for us to have a record of requests that are seperate from the thread, to help eliminate confusion and have a more secure method of recording those participating.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a great way to give a youth a chance to hunt one of the best turkey hunting regions in Mo,,,while helping support hunters with disabilities all at the same time.

:cheers::cheers:

2. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    Thanks Mobiggerbucks for offering.

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Ditto.. Thanks man :cheers: There will surely be a happy youth bag big'n :sniper:

4. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Of course I want to but in! With Henry and Mobiggerbucks permission I will supply the winner with a appropriate turkey call for the occasion.

5. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I can attest to the Turkey hunting.at MoBiggie's.I'v gotten one every year I'v hunted there..he has a kool little cabin in the back that is good for "camping" with a stocked pond at the door step.. with the youth season being as early as it is I'd say chances are very good to have a Big ol Tom land right into your sights

6. mobiggerbucks

mobiggerbucks New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    lake of the ozarks
    I will also offer the use of a cabin . It has electricity , a sleeping loft , fold out bed and electric heat . It is right behind the house and fresh water is right up the hill . It sits on a pond that is loaded with lunker bass . The cabin can be used for as long as you need . Come early , stay late .
    If you can hunt for two days your chances of taking/ getting a shot at , a gobbler are excellent . Also you have me , I know where them little buggers hang out and I will tell .

7. henry

I'll change the intro to let everyone know a cabin and fishin are available. Thanks again.

8. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I want in! Keyonie needs to kill a turkey, her mamma has no luck!!!

9. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    great deal man thumbs up to mobigerbucks

10. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Great Deal!! I'm In!!:cheers:

Jack

11. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Come on folks, this is one heckuva deal for a son or daughter and an almost guaranteed Tom turkey on a great place to hunt.. If you haven't got a son or daughter then maybe a nephew or niece or the child of a friend.

Jack:cheers:

12. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Hey I act like a kid...does that get me in for the hunt ?!

Great deal mobigerbucks !

13. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Ex wife wont let me 14 year old spring terky hunt and my 5 year old is to little to do it. I am waighting for word from my mohter inlaw if it ok to perchase a ticket for my neice Robin who is 11 years old. I am also trying to get ahold of my friend George to see if I can perchase a ticket for his 13 year old son Michael.

14. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

X wifes are mean

15. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Awesome Mobiggerbucks....Thanks for your generosity :cheers:

Poor Valley, the same goes for you.............:cheers:

16. Bloodtrail

Bloodtrail New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Desloge, MO
    I've got a 9 year old that I am going to buy some chances for. I will put in $20.00 worth. Thanks for the opportunity.
    2 years ago I took him for his first time and we were hunting in a blind. I called in 3 jakes 1st thing to 7 steps. He took aim and ..................... ...................... missed .................. About 15 minutes later I'm thinking about where those birds were and shaking my head. I looked over at him and he's not phased by it all. He's wanting some snacks and stuff and not even worried about it. You just gotta love kids. I would have been beating myself up. But not him.
    Last year we didn't get as close but still had a great time. This past deer season he did kill his first deer, a spiker, and it was AWESOME!
    I hope to get him on some turkeys this year. GOOD LUCK TO ALL and thanks for the opportunity at a great place to teach the kids Mobiggerbucks.

17. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    As the saying goes, the check is in the mail..........:cheers:

Bloodtrail, good story. Hunting with the kids is a blast and they grow up so fast. Will be my sons final youth hunt. Going big boy this fall.

18. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    So hows the ticket sales going?

Do we need to start twisting some arms ?

19. henry

They are'nt doing to bad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but feel free to twist away:D

20. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I'll at least try to keep this on top during the day.

Come on folks... everyone knows a kid who would enjoy this hunt and the price is a bargain !

Birthdays, Easter presents, just because they're a kid and it would be fun...and it's for a great cause.