Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

youth hunt

2K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Gamegetter 
#1 ·
ok, who's all taking a kid next week? i'm taking the oldest one for his first turkey hunt. lord i pray for nice weather and horny birds. personaly if my son was to get one i think he'll end up crapp'n in his shorts. :rotfl:

#7 ·
Yep 8th and 9th. If all goes as planned I'll taggin' along w/ Wingmaninmo and my two boys as we go in search of the ever illusive long-ER beard (gotta be longer since we didn't get him last year ;) ). Good luck to all including us :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#8 ·
boy,yah think my daughter would tell me these things,the little miss know it all she is. now she is 13 maybe she will kill one, but i got my doubts for some reason turkeys make her sooo nervous:rotfl:

#9 ·
1 more time for Bryan. This will be his last youth hunt. Hope he can remain calm this time if it comes together again.. :rotfl:

#11 ·
My daughter and I will be out there chasin em...this too will be her last youth hunt...I guess I'll have to start renting a kid to take after this!!!

#14 ·
I'll be out there with my nephew. He's been successful the last 2 years, hope to keep the streak going. Also taking my friends son. The boys dad was killed in an accident in july. Last year we were all 3 together, to see him get his first bird. His dad was so proud. During youth deer season I took the boy and he got his first buck, a 6 ptr. With his dad gone, there is no one else in his family who hunts, so I'm more less just taking him under my wing. I'm sure, even though we can't see him, his ol' man will be right there with us.

#16 ·
Originally posted by grunter73
I'll be out there with my nephew. He's been successful the last 2 years, hope to keep the streak going. Also taking my friends son. The boys dad was killed in an accident in july. Last year we were all 3 together, to see him get his first bird. His dad was so proud. During youth deer season I took the boy and he got his first buck, a 6 ptr. With his dad gone, there is no one else in his family who hunts, so I'm more less just taking him under my wing. I'm sure, even though we can't see him, his ol' man will be right there with us.
Now see, that is what huntin is all about...Passing it on...I commend you, Brother, for helping this young man become a hunter....It's people like you that make me glad to be a part of all this!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

#17 ·
Here's to you Grunter73 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's one thing to take your own kids and family but to take another and help with easing the pain of loosing a parent.

#20 ·
I will be taking my 10 year old neice Robyn. It will be her first hunting experience. So fare she is taking to shooting the shootgun like she ahs been doing it all her life.

#21 ·
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Now see, that is what huntin is all about...Passing it on...I commend you, Brother, for helping this young man become a hunter....It's people like you that make me glad to be a part of all this!!!!!!!!!:cheers:
Not much else I can add here!!! I applaude you!

#23 ·
still trying to convince my sis that her 7 year old son needs to be out with his ol uncle chasing long birds. I took him deer hunting and he had a blast.

Your a good man grunter73 I think we can appreciate and applaude what your doing. Im sure that boy's father is looking down and is mighty proud to call you a friend.

#24 ·
I have one son that is able to hunt,the other one had his last youth hunt last yr. We are heading over to the branson area for some family thing so going to hook up with rebelcj7 for some gobbler action like everyone else i am hoping for some good weather. everyone be safe lets all have good stories to tell after the season.

#25 ·
well went out yesterday after work and picked up my sons tags. sure hope the weather holds for us over the weekend and the birds cooporate as well. man i hope i don't forget to take the gun and ammo. :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.