Youth hunt at Mobiggerbucks!

Discussion in 'Member Donated Hunts' started by Cburrows_tx, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Keyonie and I arrived on Friday evening. Mobiggies grand daughter was there and Key soon had a new best friend. Headed to the cabin to drop a few things in there. MrB stopped by for a while. We all hung out and ate dinner.

Woke up at 4 on Saturday morning.....Kim, was fixin breakfast,(beanpile was drinking coffee) before we got to the house. We headed out to the blind and were in by 5:30.
    Mike and Kim were the ones doing the calling for Key!

At 6:15 a owl sounded off and then 2 gobbles. That was it for the gobbeling for the morining. About 7:30 three hens crossed the bottom.

We decided that maybe we would change blinds. Beanpile took one look at that poor little shivering girl and said ......"Nope, we are going to the house." She was freezing to death. He was her hreo at this point!

So that was it for the hunting on Saturday but the girls did get in a bit of fishing and we big people got to do a little shootin! MrB and Henry you left too soon!

Early to bed on Saturday night. Let the little one sleep in and went out late. Only had one hen and a couple does in on that morning. Went back to the house. The girls again went fishing with "greandpa" By the end of the weekend Mobiggie and his wife were adopted by Keyonie!

Thank you all who made this possible. We had a WONDERFUL time. Ron & Ginger, thank you! Kim & Mike, Thank you! Igor, thanks for letting your daughter hang for the weekend!

Poor Valley, thanks you! Keyonie had her call out playing it for us Saturday evening!

Oh Ron, I forgot, ......Can I have your pancake recipe?:wink:

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Kim (shootsfaceoff)....dont ask cause I don\'t know

4. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
  5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Sunday morning visitors

6. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    This one is for igor!

7. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Friday night on my way down

8. clansey

clansey New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Bozeman, MT
    Cool Pics and great story. Thanks:eek:

9. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I must admit that the Turkey were'nt co operating in the slightest.I hope it wasnt because of the sub par turkey calling. Sunday, Henry & I took a bit of a road trip just to see what the Birds were doing else where...we saw NOTHING! other than the lack of hunting sucess it was a most awsome weekend. Key is an absolute ANGEL!!!..her Mom is a pretty cool gal in her own right too.

But like Henry said...thats why its called HUNTING & not SHOOTING.

I think there were a few tears shed and an empty feeling at MoBiggies when we all had to go our seperate ways.

These types of experiances, getting to know & putting faces to the names Like Henry ,MrB, C & K is what makes Places like MWT soo special . I personally feel lucky to have met these wonderfull people & hope to meet more sometime soon.

A Truely Special weekend in my humble opinion

10. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    It was a great weekend! I have no fear that the calling was the problem! You two were perfect!:cheers:

Oh yes Key cried almost all the way to Moberly! She did NOT want to leave!

11. Cool pic's and good story cfraz :cheers:.

12. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

bless her heart!

hey Crystal, kim here, I couldn't think of two better people to have won the raffle. I hope we get to see you guys again, soon!
    give Key a hug for me since i didn't get to give her one when you guys left. will be thinkn' of ya.
    kim

13. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I'm glad everyone had a great time. I enjoyed what time I got to visit. It was easy to tell you all had great hosts, and those 2 little girls were having a blast.

Thanks Mobiggie.

:cheers::cheers:

14. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    dang women they put a bluegill head on my antenna.
    if my sister talked you into coming down with my aunts
    on memmorial day weekend i'm hidin.
    :toilet:

15. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    good to meet you again henry, didn't know that was mrb with you until after
    we went to get the other 4 wheeler.
    let me say that it's been a long time since we have met a better group
    of people than the staff of missouri whitetails.
    good luck
    dean

16. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Crystal, even though there is no turkey for the cooking pot you made some memories for Key that will last the rest of her life!!:eek: I'm super glad you all had a great time.

Jack

17. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    thats great i am so so glad you all had a good weekend

sounds like you had perfect guides that knew how to hunt with young ones and knew that it wasn't the killing but the postive experience

thumbs up too everyone

18. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    Sounds like a great weekend was had. There will be plenty of times for Key to get her first bird.

19. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Well atleaste it sounds like all had a good time!
    Thanks for sharing the pics cfrazz!
    :cheers::cheers:

20. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Sounds like every one had a good time and many memories were made.