Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another lesson learned w. "Justbob"

He is a good dood, had great intentions, but for the 2nd time... Stuff turned to poop.

Was lead to belive the hunts this weekend were "guided" then i find out they need dekes, someone who can call..

mmmhmmm not so guided, no big deal SWMO is a good duck watcher...

Took forever to get directions to the people attending.

Had 2 more back out of this weekend.

Next year, gonna have 2-3 people on stand by for each hunt.

Gonna NOT rely on info from justbob, gonna call and talk to the places directly to myself.

The youth hunt was a partial bust today... all completely ice covered, they didnt see a single duck.

Went ahead and cancelled tomorrows hunt, as lefty and the other guys kids all backed out newho... Feel sorry for catmech, they were already on the road when it was cxld. Just didnt want them to stare at ice.

The positive, the place it was held at is a GREAT place... could be good earlier on when not froze. The "guide" is top notch, since no duckies were flyin they took the kiddos to there game farm and put out some pheasants and chukars and let em shoot them.. no cost at all.. top notch people for sure.

Lessons learned :cheers:

·
Under appreciated
88,254 Posts
Was there a link promoting this hunt? Sorry if I missed it.
Where was the hunt to be held?

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
Glad to hear they covered their bottoms when the ducks didn't pan out. At least the kiddos has SOMETHING! :cheers::cheers:

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,231 Posts
This is all a learning experience. It is tough on all duck hunters right now,,with a state wide freeze going on. If a guy had a spot near warm water and had some corn they were working he might get by,,but it just ain't a duck hunters dream right now. It is great that they let the kids shoot some upland birds,,that shows real careing about the kids:2thumbsup:

By the by,,thanks again for working so hard on these duck hunts Reb.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Under appreciated
88,254 Posts
No doubt reb.. you are working your tail off for these types of hunts.

I admittedly dont read a lot of the waterfowling threads, but yer making a huge watchin impact bro. :eek::

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
Originally posted by henry
By the by,,thanks again for working so hard on these duck hunts Reb.

:cheers::cheers:
Ditto, Reb! You've done great work! Thanx! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
42,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taint no thang at all...

When one is passionate about two things... kids... and waterfowlin.. makes it easy to put em togetha :rock:

Goin on a couple guided snow goosie hunts this fall, and gonna be talkin to the owners about youth / disabled / wemen snow goose hunts for next year as well

·
Registered
13,957 Posts
IMHO.... duck hunting is a very hard hunt to predict.......... way to many variables . weather. feeding patterns and the likes...... just glad we had a good learning curve....... we an only go up from here......

Good job there rebel.. thanks for the undertaking of this learning experience........ :dancin::dancin::eek::

·
Registered
42,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep very hard to predict, well to a certain extent..

Take here for example, the last 3 years dec 15th has been an alarm of sorts for birdies to show up..

Yep they did in full effect this year..

Id be more then happy to have kiddos drive all the way here..

But then the sky would be empty..

Tiz real hard to "plan" hunts...

Def a learnin experience, learned some good things, some bad things, and can only make em better in the future :cheers:

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Folks if things go as planned we will do a weekend hunt with lodging and nothing other than guns & shells needed at the most.. this will be a show stopper!! I hope it turns out & details to follow. Get ready for some good stuff in 2009!!:2thumbsup:

Great job Reb its hard to do I know..:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts