Your local school and deer season....

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by JrNation88, Nov 3, 2010.

1. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    Growing up our school always got out a week for rifle season and they still do. Now the school I'm working at (which is just as rural and hunting centered) does not get anything off for season. I have always joked about it but today sat down with my boss and had a serious talk. He agreed, it's our culture, family bonding, etc... and that he does not see why we should not at least have one day off.

I am needing to do a bit of research before I put my proposal together for the head hancho's and was wondering if any of the schools in your area get off any for deer season. Please tell me the district name and how many days. Your support just might help the youth in my district :claphands:

2. Mule

Mule Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Franklin County, MO
    Call it a self directed nature study field trip.

3. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    Bunker gets off two days, monday and friday.

4. BigBrown36

BigBrown36 New Member

Oct 26, 2009
    I could only wish that i got out for rifle season! :praying:

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    When I was in school in Indiana, that was a couple years ago. But we were a rural farming community. They always gave us 2 personal days a year to take when we needed to. Most of us were using them when planting or harvest season was upon us! That might be ab option too.

6. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    Fox School District------no days off for deer season :shrug:

7. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
    Salem never did,, at least back when I was in school.. Bunker does get a couple days still I think.. Emminence used to get a week, but they took it away this week, and the students and parents are throwing a fit!

8. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    Like teachers don't already have enough time off.........just sayin

9. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    Not my district, but, Summersville gets a couple of days off every year.

10. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    [rquote=1879004&tid=130866&author=buckwacker181]Like teachers don't already have enough time off.........just sayin[/rquote]

relax my friend....I am not talking about me, I have days built up and if I want off I can, i am talking about for the kids not me. We have a number of absences on that monday and their not ashamed to tell you why. I am looking at it as a moral booster for the kids, a little break to do what they enjoy....maybe keep some traditions alive (deer camp, family coming in, etc...). Te me it's an all around positive for our community.

11. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    We have the whole week of Thanksgiving off and it's right in the middle of the best hunting time.

12. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    [rquote=1879004&tid=130866&author=buckwacker181]Like teachers don't already have enough time off.........just sayin[/rquote]

Time off + low pay = any different than any other job?

13. MObuckman

MObuckman Active Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Fenton
    [rquote=1879025&tid=130866&author=BustinBucks][rquote=1879004&tid=130866&author=buckwacker181]Like teachers don't already have enough time off.........just sayin[/rquote]

Time off + low pay = any different than any other job?[/

X2

14. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Only thing here is the Kids take their Rifles into the School.Teacher just puts them in a Closet until School lets out.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin always has his Pea Shooter.

15. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    When I lived in Pennsylvania we always got opening day off (always fell on a Monday). I believe they still give the kids off to this day.

16. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    [rquote=1879016&tid=130866&author=JrNation88][rquote=1879004&tid=130866&author=buckwacker181]Like teachers don't already have enough time off.........just sayin[/rquote]

relax my friend....I am not talking about me, I have days built up and if I want off I can, i am talking about for the kids not me. We have a number of absences on that monday and their not ashamed to tell you why. I am looking at it as a moral booster for the kids, a little break to do what they enjoy....maybe keep some traditions alive (deer camp, family coming in, etc...). Te me it's an all around positive for our community.[/rquote]

I know I know, just :stirpot:

17. SHEDHEAD

SHEDHEAD New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    Our school dont give the kids any time off...

But they have been known to either have Bird Flu or Buck Fever!

Goodluck Jr, hope it works out!:cheers:

18. Ozarks-Bowhunter

Ozarks-Bowhunter Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Missouri
    Bakersfield R-4 gets the first Mon. off this year.:eek::

19. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    sacrifice public education for deer hunting, nonsense, just do it like we did it in the old days, skip:rof2:

20. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    [rquote=1879016&tid=130866&author=JrNation88][rquote=1879004&tid=130866&author=buckwacker181]Like teachers don't already have enough time off.........just sayin[/rquote]

relax my friend....I am not talking about me, I have days built up and if I want off I can, i am talking about for the kids not me. We have a number of absences on that monday and their not ashamed to tell you why. I am looking at it as a moral booster for the kids, a little break to do what they enjoy....maybe keep some traditions alive (deer camp, family coming in, etc...). Te me it's an all around positive for our community.[/rquote]

Don't forget that those kids are going to miss anyway. That equals low attendance which affects the amount of money the state gives you. It also puts a lot of pressure back on the kids when they come back and have to make up a few days of work. If you build it in to the calendar it may seem like a day off but the day, attendance $$$, work (for teacher and students) will all be made up.

BTW i used to work for the new Superintendent at Eminence...how is he doing...honestly

MJO