Your calling sequence....

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by JrNation88, Nov 7, 2010.

1. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    never been huge on calling, probably because i'm not sure how it's supposed to go. Had a little luck but was wondering what types of calling sequences you do (all calls included). I only get to hunt 3 more times before the lead starts flying all around and would like to get a couple looks before then down my peep

2. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

all i have is a can & a grunt tube .. Yesterday the Bucks I saw ignored them regardless .. I dont think it matters.. you got to find the right buck that cares to check out whats making the noise

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I've grunted in three bucks but none were shooters this year. Vector Grunt tube is the only one I use. I blow just enough air to get it to sound off and keep just enough air to make about a 3 or 4 second very low guttural sounds twice back to back with 5 seconds between and then two or three short low grunts. If I don't get a response in 5 minutes I use the Can just once and sit tight. Some sneak in but I've had some come in fairly fast. With my call I've found that if I use the lowest setting on the O-Ring adjustment and the extend a tube closed all the way they tend to like it more. I did send one little 5 point high tailing it Friday morning. I watched him through my bino's while I called. He looked in my direction at the first grunt but when I sent the second one a minute later he laid his ears back and bolted over the hill. I'm guessing he got a butt whoopin before in that area.

4. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Doe doe doe doe, buck buck doe doe doe doe......