Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now there are five turkey hens and a tom in one of my food plots behind my house . The tom is strutting and displaying like it was april . One of the hens LAYED DOWN FOR HIM . The hens are not running away and are acting like they are ALL ready to be serviced . We are trying to get a picture but it is 150+ yards . I will post the pics if they come out good enough .

·
Retired
9,540 Posts
Look at the crazy weather patterns this past year-----
That does not suprize me at all-----:cheers:

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,136 Posts
I am surprised,,but can believe it. I doubt it will last long,,but the gobblers are male and ,,,,well you know the rest:D

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
69,522 Posts
LIAR.....LIAR

I saw some struting this past week out by Lees Summit alongside 470. I think it is just wishful thinking of the Tom. And the hens say....."Dream On Buddy"...."No Way No How"

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Seen several strutting since regular firearms season.

During ML season we saw 86 birds in a batch and 10 of them were paintbrush bearded gobblers struttin.That was on the day it was real warm in the a.m. and got very cold the afternoon.

Even heard a few gobbles.

·
Registered
21,215 Posts
I believe the strutting part no problem. Now as far as the hens actually wanting to be serviced, :thinking: that would put the hens laying eggs in Jan. and hatching in Feb. I don't think so.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,136 Posts
I gotta believe ya,,,,,,,turkeys are dumb as a stump,,so how are they gonna know what date it is. It may surprise us how often things like this happen. She may of laid down for him,,but she probably won't produce any eggs.

·
Registered
13,957 Posts
Originally posted by henry
I am surprised,,but can believe it. I doubt it will last long,,but the gobblers are male and ,,,,well you know the rest:D

:cheers::cheers::2thumbsup:

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
one lucky turkey:woot:

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
That tom was just practicing.:peepwall:

·
Registered