You know you picked the wrong opening day stand when.....I'll start ya'll can add to it....

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by archer66, Nov 13, 2010.

1. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I sat from before sunrise to after sunset in the same stand.

Ya know you picked the wrong opening day stand when:

--The number of times ya take a leak off the side of the stand is more than the number of deer you see. (4-2 )

--The number of cattle you see is greater than the number of deer seen when there aren't supposed to be cattle on the place you are hunting. (5-2)

2. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

I got outta bed for this horrible day................

3. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    tough day for many I believe. I cannot spy a true shooter for nothing. Maybe tomorrow will be the day!!

4. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    [rquote=1894963&tid=132024&author=archer66]I sat from before sunrise to after sunset in the same stand.

Ya know you picked the wrong opening day stand when:

--The number of times ya take a leak off the side of the stand is more than the number of deer you see. (4-2 )

--The number of cattle you see is greater than the number of deer seen when there aren't supposed to be cattle on the place you are hunting. (5-2)
    [/rquote]

Same situation but the cattle numbers were more like 30-1 for me.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    when what your staring at from 7-12am is bright red and has a big chrome matco logo on it instead of actually being outside in the woods.

6. Ya know you picked the wrong opening day stand when:

You just get settled and the smell of a dead cow wafts over to your stand. Mmmmm.

7. smcjbh3

smcjbh3 Active Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Southwest Missouri
    When you have a coon sitting in your seat at 545am and won't move. Happened opening morning last year.

8. dpd925

dpd925 Member

Nov 16, 2009
    I think this was a bad opening day for everyone!!! I won't get to hunt again until weds afternoon

9. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    When? Everyone Else in camp has their limit hanging from the A frame by 8:45 AM and the only deer you have seen already have holes in them hanging on the A Frame.......

10. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude Active Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    ...when u see day break and hear lots o movement.. Then daylight breaks the bad new that it is really 10 woods wanderers that followed ya in and sat next to ya!!!

11. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    .....when you are typing in this thread instead of hunting!!!!!