You folks missed a great time and learning experience

Discussion in 'Trapping/Furbearing' started by Skduckhunt, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    Many Thanks to 76_Michael and his family for the wonderful education and general good time at his place with his first ever Trapping class. going in, I knew absolutely nothing about trapping or how to set a trap, or the different kinds of traps, or any of the process of trapping for fun and pleasure. Michael and his family are into trapping. We got to set some traps, different sets, different traps and got to dye some traps and learn from Michael and his father in law. I thoroughly enjoyed the day, the trapping stuff and of course the smoked pulled pork lunch. Michael's father in law, Lloyd, has many years of experience, and they were very good at allowing us to learn about something very dear to them.
    Heck, I almost lost some skin to one of the traps, but Michael was quick and saved my hide....Those who didnt make it today missed a great experience and a chance to meet some great folks. Thanks again to Michael, Emma, Lloyd and the boys. You are great hosts and teachers

2. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    :claphands::claphands::claphands: That's awesome, really wish I coulda made it. Trapping is something I really wanna learn, but have too much on my plate right now to take it on.

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wish I could have made it too, but I had some other things to do today and I just couldn't fit everything in. Hopefully he'll have another class.
  4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Would have love to attend myself but a bit of a drive for me. May 76 can write up a "How To" thread here and include some pics. I'd love to catch myself my own bobcat off my property for the wall in my man room.
  5. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    Michael and Emma had a professionally done handout for us to take home, the the pelts that Lloyd brought were awesome... Michael's man-cave is pretty awesome also..
  6. 76_michael

76_michael Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    Thanks Skduckhunt for that I really enjoyed getting to meet you and your buddy , I think it went real well , I plan on doing this again this fall when it gets closer to trapping season , I might try and set up a contest for one of our younger members or other member child and take them out and run my line . Also if anyone wants a copy of the print out me and the wife did I would be more than glad to email you a copy . Thanks again for those kind words ,