Yote

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by Hunter79, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Hunter79

Hunter79 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    Yote,
    I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling since we finally got some rain. Pointer and I were talking about goin rod and reeling at MWT in the morning and didn't know if you would be available to go or not? Or if you knew if it was even worth it? We didn't know if the current is running or not. You can u2u me or pointer or just reply on here. I'm as green as I can be on this lake stuff so any help will be MUCH appreciated. Also, what are some good baits to use when one is attempting to rod and reel? Thanks yote. Hunter

2. Hunter79

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO

3. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    without a doubt SHAD,although there has been times there has been worms and ugh liver:D but i can't remember ever catching much with those two:D shad is the best bet:cheers:i got to work on some deer this morning but your making it real tough on me.

4. Hunter79

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    Well I didn't mean to make your life miserable. I certainly know that work has to come into play sometime. That being said.... you could be fishing. HAHA :claphands:

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    oh,i am going now.they better be biting:D

6. Hunter79

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    Well, my main objective was to get you to go. You're the one that supposed to make sure they're biting. :claphands:

7. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Have fun playing with them yellow bellies, I'm going after Blues in two days :claphands:

8. Hunter79

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    Fishy, a yellowbelly eats just as good as a blue.

IMHO. :claphands:

9. showmethejewels

showmethejewels Active Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Washington D.C
    Kirksville got five inches of rain in two hours.....Id make the trip to North Fork at Mark Twain...fish around the confluence of crooked creek and north fork...may even try north of F at Norfolk boat ramp....just suggesting

10. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    thats the direction we are headin,we will catch some blues i bet fishy.but then maybe not:D got the rods ready and waitng on elkhunter to get off work:peepwall:

11. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :claphands: Hope ya catch one big enough to whip Scottie, I know there in there, you going back tomm, you put a line in there might be loaded with good blues, course you and elk prolly got all the fish ya want :claphands:

12. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    [rquote=1285478&tid=89870&author=fishshooter]:claphands: Hope ya catch one big enough to whip Scottie, I know there in there, you going back tomm, you put a line in there might be loaded with good blues, course you and elk prolly got all the fish ya want :claphands:[/rquote]nah i thinki am gonna wait till next week to put out some lines for the flatties.that way i can see if your catching anything before i go for the monster of the deep:D

13. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Well we'll see, I've scouted some flat spots on the river and for some known reason I'm going to set them.

I figure I'm late but hey, it's the river nothing is ever on schedule, I know I outta hit some blues, they outta be off the nest and eating everything in site to gain their condition back :claphands:

14. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Ohh and mosters of the deep, why deepest water I seen was 20 ft, I can find better than twice that deep on the river no problem

15. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    thats because you kept going across the flats,i told yout o go where middle meets elk.but oh no you had to go where hillybilly said to go:D dang callowegion

16. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :blah:

I was to afraid we'd get lost out there cause I hadn't been on there in ten years and ain't no telling when your dementia will kick in :D