yote party

Discussion in 'Predators' started by deadeye5, Nov 8, 2010.

1. deadeye5

deadeye5 Active Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kcmo
    hey guys looking for some help after deer season anyone with calling experience or coyote experience an outfitter that traps any help you can give... our friends farm in cowgill that we hunt is 400 acres with an adjoining 250 acres of crp in the back that was just cut last week and the yote problem is unreal we have no fawns whatsoever with our does except one the deer herd is way down and the landowner and adjoining neighbors are all willing to get rid of these things they even have been getting calfs they are running the deer al night long i had coyotes yesterday morning going off till 855am howling and running all over then last night they ran turkeys and two bucks off the field at 5pm and we almost hit one that was being chased by two wild dogs at noon one of the ones shot last yr was over 60lbs he was a male and the females arent much smaller
    any help is much appreciated thankyou
    cowgill is between polo and braymer in caldwell county

2. skull stacker

skull stacker Active Member

Sep 3, 2008
    SEMO
    Sounds like a MWT event right there.

3. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    how far from st louis? i'm not experienced, but ive got guns :D:cheers:

4. deadeye5

deadeye5 Active Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kcmo
    other side of state
    i dont have guns except deer rifles but we got good slopy crp fields just cut w small patchy treelines that r perfect and they run and howl every night 10min before sunset and when i go in in the morning they usually go till right after sun comes up but my buddys that camped say they kept them up the were soooo loud u can hear packs of em from all diff directions and if you howl ull hear em from atleast 3diff places i can supply the yotes but i have no experience in hunting them
    please... help me

5. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    I'm game and I live close. Got some calls and a decoy too.

6. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Wish you were closer.

BTW, deer rifles will take down a yote just fine. If that is all you have, then use them.

7. bigjohn

bigjohn Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Marshall,Mo
    If the landowners are loosing calves,then I'd say he has more of a wild dog problem than a coyote one.Coyotes rarely take healthy calves and momma cow does a good job keeping them away.Most of the time that coyotes are seen around calving areas,they are after the afterbirth.They will also consume the calves waste as it contains undigested milk.Wild dogs are usually the culprits in cattle depredatation.If you can find the dead calves before they are consumed,you will notice they are bit all over.There are several trappers in that area that would probably take care of your problem(trappers will catch way more than hunting will)although with the low to no market for them,they may charge a fee.If you go to trapboard.com and ask,I'm sure you'll get a response.

8. wheels25

wheels25 Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Belton, MO
    check around and see if you have any local hound hunters they can really work coyotes over if they can get in there and it works out

9. golfnut1969

golfnut1969 You're not a golfer.

SNA2STL just got a new FoxPro caller. We might make a weekend out of it as it's about a 4 hour drive for us, so we'd probably want to go for more than one day.

10. chuck88

chuck88 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    [rquote=1885388&tid=131333&author=bigjohn]If the landowners are loosing calves,then I'd say he has more of a wild dog problem than a coyote one.Coyotes rarely take healthy calves and momma cow does a good job keeping them away.Most of the time that coyotes are seen around calving areas,they are after the afterbirth.They will also consume the calves waste as it contains undigested milk.Wild dogs are usually the culprits in cattle depredatation.If you can find the dead calves before they are consumed,you will notice they are bit all over.There are several trappers in that area that would probably take care of your problem(trappers will catch way more than hunting will)although with the low to no market for them,they may charge a fee.If you go to trapboard.com and ask,I'm sure you'll get a response.[/rquote]

X2 :cheers:

you'll get 1-2 good hunts with a caller, if your lucky you'll get 3 good hunts. after that they get smart quick and you'll never get one called up. a good trapper will be able to do more damage to the packs then a hunter (it is fun to hunt them though so try it and hope for success :cheers: )
    btw I'd drive around the neighbors and look for big agressive dogs that run loose and you might find your culprits, I've trapped 2 places where they said yotes where killing calves and both times I caught a few yotes but seen extra large dog tracks and found out the nieghbors had big dogs that ran loose at night. I know I told the farmer at one place so he stayed up all night and took care of 2 large problems that he caught chasing cows.

11. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    You ain't alone on that one buddy.... I had three different packs howling around me the other nite. Gonna try and bust some this winter.

Wish I knew how to trap the somofaguns.....

12. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    i have calls and some experience...would love to help out

13. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    id like to get in that action i love slaying yotes i got a buddy in smithville that has a foxpro and he can bring them in. we like the long shots though..

14. golfnut1969

Starting to sound like a party!

15. 76_michael

76_michael Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    Sounds like fun I have calls , varmit rifles , and lots of traps

16. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    [rquote=1899397&tid=131333&author=ryanlowe02]i have calls and some experience...would love to help out [/rquote]

RL,

Get with me and when he's ready we'll head that way.

17. deadeye5

deadeye5 Active Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kcmo
    [rquote=1899914&tid=131333&author=kc704][rquote=1899397&tid=131333&author=ryanlowe02]i have calls and some experience...would love to help out [/rquote]

RL,

Get with me and when he's ready we'll head that way.[/rquote]
    it will be january at earliest i will probably wait till after bow season
    i think if we get a few good hunts in and then get a trapper to help out that will help a lot
    thanks everyone

18. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    In order to significantly impact the population of coyotes in an area requires you remove 70% of that population for five consecutive years. Failure to do so will likely result in even more coyotes as they surge to adjust their recruitment rates to fill the voids within their home ranges. Coyotes have the ability to adjust their birth rates to accommodate the available food sources and habitat or to make up for losses or an over population within their habitat given the food available to them. Recreational hunting does little to impact coyote populations overall and may in fact cause more harm than good in the long run. A skilled trapper that stays with it in a core area can be helpful in trimming the coyote populations. Truly amazing animals…

19. golfnut1969

I think we go out for a weekend, shoot as many as we can and then let the trappers take over after that.