Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the bambi huggers got me wonderin what you all think about this. in toto land it is perfectly legal to shoot a yote from a truck as long as you have permission on the land the yote happens to be standin on. so how many agree that it is alright to pop a yote from a truck if it is legal? i for one like it.

let the rippin begin.

·
27,514 Posts
Not only do I think that's ok, I also believe that we should be able to legally hunt them at night using lights. But that's a different arguement.

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
It's even MORE fun, chasin em at 60mph across that bean field!!!WOOOHOOOOO!!!!:rof2:

·
PURE KILLER
37,999 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
It's even MORE fun, chasin em at 60mph across that bean field!!!WOOOHOOOOO!!!!:rof2:
now were talking.throw some snow in there for some good slides and bustin drifts and we are a having fun:hysterical:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,800 Posts
Kind of like that Chevy Colorado commercial where the guy is chasing the cougar across the fields.

·
King of Callaway
42,638 Posts
I been told you haven't really lived till you've chased yotes on a snowmobile

I personally love calling em, didn't shoot one a couple times this year when I had the chance, just saw no reason too. Thought I'll come back with a rabbit squaler and hose ya down with the Nellie :wave:

·
PURE KILLER
37,999 Posts
Originally posted by fishshooter

I personally love calling em, didn't shoot one a couple times this year when I had the chance, just saw no reason too. Thought I'll come back with a rabbit squaler and hose ya down with the Nellie :wave:
whatcha do is have the snowmobile close so when you empty the ar clip and he is still standing you jump on and take out after him.just watch out for the fences and low limbs.plus them things are tough to kill with a snowmobile:rof2:

·
King of Callaway
42,638 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter

whatcha do is have the snowmobile close so when you empty the ar clip and he is still standing you jump on and take out after him.just watch out for the fences and low limbs.plus them things are tough to kill with a snowmobile:rof2:
The same man that told me that told me don't shoot one with a bowfishing arrow :rof2:

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Originally posted by mohunter32
Not only do I think that's ok, I also believe that we should be able to legally hunt them at night using lights. But that's a different arguement.

·
17,685 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
BEEN THERE DONE THAT BEFORE EXCEPT AT 62 MPH:sniper:

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Gonna fill yall in on a little secret..Chasin yotes in a truck, is hard on a truck..My HD is sitting funny still from last winter. Think she needs some new shocks. Nothin like chasin yotes in the snow. We stay out of the fields though, just stick to the roads..;):scared:

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Fish, I never got to ride the snowmobile but that's how they did it up in Nebraska where my grandparents live. My uncle would go as spotter/chaser on the snowmobile out in the fields and everyone else would drive around in the trucks using the CB's all the tim.

I've gone dogging up there many times.

In western KS I've seen them use greyhounds more than anything.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Had one stop at 100 or so yards with my flintlock in hand. Coulda popped him, but I'll save him for January.

G

·
i heard greyhounds are no good for yote chasin they are fast but stupid they get moving so fast they run strait into fence posts and trees and what not

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by greenheadsmoker613
i heard greyhounds are no good for yote chasin they are fast but stupid they get moving so fast they run strait into fence posts and trees and what not
Maybe on some....but greyhounds are great for yote hunting. Like I said, they are used extensively out in KS. Drive around with a spotter dog and then once a yote is spotted they turn loose the greyhounds. The greyhounds are pack dogs and will catch that yote in short order and get really vicious with it. Yote doesn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Those greyhounds have some awesome jaws.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts