Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Sat. morning at daylight, called in 1 yote and 2 cows. The yote saw me first because I was busy watching the cows. Them yotes are getting smarter all the time, he ran right toward the cows so I couldn't shoot. Anybody else thought about yote hunting? Morning is the best time to go when it is this hot.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I should go do some yote hunting on the land I hunt. There are WAY too many of them out there

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i do alot of calling and stuff but in the winter when its frozen and there hungryier this time of year i just blast them at long ranges in the hay feilds if i see them

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
hey guys, i read on another forum i visit where the prices of yote pelts have inched up a tad recently and the guy was saying it is due to the chinese getting into the picture. aparently they are buying pelts from the U.S. to be used over there. one good thing about these third world nations, peta aint gonna get them to stop useing fur. :hysterical:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
been known to shoot a few in the summer.i think the best shot i ever made on one was when i was tree rat hunting and jumped up a litter got three of those little puppies the last one was jumping over a log at 150 steps.the 22 kimber put the smack on him.their a lot tougher targets in the summer i think it was about 16 inches long with a the tail:D

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
in this heat they have become targets of oppertunity. ain't worth loosing too many pounds in this heat looking for them.:rotfl:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Does anyone have any good ideas on calling videos? I want to do some calling this winter, but don't know how to go about it..

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I stepped on a small rabbit one time, I don't think that I could imitate that sound.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:cool: Rebelcj7, oh wait, another Rebel. :wink4:

I just need to get a few videos and learn from their. I've been seeing a lot of them coy dogs lately.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
ouch
:bangin:

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
www.lockstock.com carries Randy Anderson's tapes, and he's awfully good at calling coyotes and such. He's from NE Nebraska, his calls might work for your area. If that doesn't help, check out the DVDs from Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunters (www.rmvh.com) I think it is. Dave is awfully good at calling, too.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Originally posted by Hayzer
I want to do some calling this winter, but don't know how to go about it..
Step 1. find a telephone
Step 2. pick it up
Step 3. press numbers
Step 4. when someone answers, tell them your elvis presley
LOL, that busted a gut :eek:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I just checked and I don't have an eleven on my phone.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.