yep, it's sharp

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by yankee, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yankee

yankee Senior Member

i walked into the kitchen with my finger in my mouth, wife said oh god, what did ya do, i said cut myself, she said with what i said this hunting knife, (i was sharpening it) and ran the full length of the 3.25inch blade across the tip of my ring finger,it fileted it open pretty good, wife is jumping around yelling at me to get it into the cold water, i just looked at her and thought to myself i didn't burn myself, but i humored her, and when we got it rinsed of, i attempted to keep it sealed with with a clean dish cloth, (white) well it aint white anymore, yankeesgirl is pale looking sitting in a chair, and everytime it spurts blood she looks like she's about to faint, waiting on her now to get home from the drug store with gauze and tape, im just happy it aint my trigger finger:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Dang Jeff... take care of yerself man!!

3. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1884470&tid=131277&author=rat]Dang Jeff... take care of yerself man!!
    [/rquote]it's all good paul, ive done worse with a 32oz wafflecut framing hammer, took half a thumb nali and the tip of my thumb off with that stunt, i can still hunt:rof2::rof2:

4. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Super glue. Sounds weird, but it's better then stitches. Especially on the tip of a finger.

5. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Laid open the side of my left thumb years ago sharpening a hunting knife. My wife acted bout like yours. I taped it up and got a nice little scar to show. I been careful since then.

Hope it heals fast and don't give you any trouble.

6. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
    get you some rubber gloves if your gonna get your hands dirty in something. It'l keep it clean while you work, and help keep the infection away, Esp. if your gonna be gutting a deer or something.

7. fish

fish I love work. I can watch it all day.

NO :kewlpics: please.

Thanks in advance

- fish:pop:

8. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    If you do the super glue thing, be sure not to get anything you dont want stuck against it. Amazing how well that stuff works when you get it wet.:eek:

9. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    I was wondering if it was payback for yankeee girl for last night pics. Just to freak her out. If it was good job. Send pics of her expresion. No hope you are OK.:eek:

10. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1884722&tid=131277&author=boatcaptain]I was wondering if it was payback for yankeee girl for last night pics. Just to freak her out. If it was good job. Send pics of her expresion. No hope you are OK.:eek:[/rquote]im fine captain, i have been cut way worse, long story, i posted not because of the cut finger, but because of how the 2 women were acting and carrying on:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

11. yankeesgirl

yankeesgirl New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    [rquote=1884722&tid=131277&author=boatcaptain]I was wondering if it was payback for yankeee girl for last night pics. Just to freak her out. If it was good job. Send pics of her expresion. No hope you are OK.:eek:[/rquote]

There are countless video/pics of me that yankee has posted of me acting like my dork self. So I was just paying him back :D

12. yankeesgirl

yankeesgirl New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    [rquote=1884747&tid=131277&author=yankee][rquote=1884722&tid=131277&author=boatcaptain]I was wondering if it was payback for yankeee girl for last night pics. Just to freak her out. If it was good job. Send pics of her expresion. No hope you are OK.:eek:[/rquote]im fine captain, i have been cut way worse, long story, i posted not because of the cut finger, but because of how the 2 women were acting and carrying on:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:[/rquote]

I would of been FINE if you would of stopped squeezing it!!!!!

13. SOMOHUNTER

SOMOHUNTER New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    mo ark line
    [rquote=1884755&tid=131277&author=yankeesgirl][rquote=1884747&tid=131277&author=yankee][rquote=1884722&tid=131277&author=boatcaptain]I was wondering if it was payback for yankeee girl for last night pics. Just to freak her out. If it was good job. Send pics of her expresion. No hope you are OK.:eek:[/rquote]im fine captain, i have been cut way worse, long story, i posted not because of the cut finger, but because of how the 2 women were acting and carrying on:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:[/rquote]

I would of been FINE if you would of stopped squeezing it!!!!! [/rquote]I knew you was fixin to chime in with something smart,you think he was trying to make it bleed more:rof2:Yankee you better be careful:cheers:

14. yankeesgirl

yankeesgirl New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    [rquote=1884765&tid=131277&author=SOMOHUNTER][rquote=1884755&tid=131277&author=yankeesgirl][rquote=1884747&tid=131277&author=yankee][rquote=1884722&tid=131277&author=boatcaptain]I was wondering if it was payback for yankeee girl for last night pics. Just to freak her out. If it was good job. Send pics of her expresion. No hope you are OK.:eek:[/rquote]im fine captain, i have been cut way worse, long story, i posted not because of the cut finger, but because of how the 2 women were acting and carrying on:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:[/rquote]

I would of been FINE if you would of stopped squeezing it!!!!! [/rquote]I knew you was fixin to chime in with something smart,you think he was trying to make it bleed more:rof2:Yankee you better be careful:cheers:[/rquote]
    That exactly what he was doing. The second i looked up he would give it a squeeze....the big meanie

15. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Good job Sir, Carry on, I think you have things under control. How with 2 women ill never know . YOU ARE MY HERO IF YOU CAN DO THAT WITH 2 I CANT DO IT WITH JUST ONE. :rof2::rof2:

16. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1884781&tid=131277&author=boatcaptain]Good job Sir, Carry on, I think you have things under control. How with 2 women ill never know . YOU ARE MY HERO IF YOU CAN DO THAT WITH 2 I CANT DO IT WITH JUST ONE. :rof2::rof2:[/rquote]these 2 are easy, all ya have to do is cut yourself:rof2::rof2::rof2:

17. yankeesgirl

yankeesgirl New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    [rquote=1884786&tid=131277&author=yankee][rquote=1884781&tid=131277&author=boatcaptain]Good job Sir, Carry on, I think you have things under control. How with 2 women ill never know . YOU ARE MY HERO IF YOU CAN DO THAT WITH 2 I CANT DO IT WITH JUST ONE. :rof2::rof2:[/rquote]these 2 are easy, all ya have to do is cut yourself:rof2::rof2::rof2:[/rquote]
    :stickfight::stickfight::stickfight::stickfight:

18. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    My first hunting knife was given to me by my Grandfather when I was about 12 yrs old. When he gave it to me he said "Billy...be careful with this thing. It's very sharp and if I ever hear of you cutting yourself with it I'm giving you a whoop'n" I never cut myself with that knife...but I never told Grandpa about the other knives I've cut myself with.

Sure miss you Grandpa...but I still have that knife and it's still sharp and I haven't cut myself with it.

So Yankee....who is giving you your whoop'n?

19. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1884802&tid=131277&author=Mailman]My first hunting knife was given to me by my Grandfather when I was about 12 yrs old. When he gave it to me he said "Billy...be careful with this thing. It's very sharp and if I ever hear of you cutting yourself with it I'm giving you a whoop'n" I never cut myself with that knife...but I never told Grandpa about the other knives I've cut myself with.

Sure miss you Grandpa...but I still have that knife and it's still sharp and I haven't cut myself with it.

So Yankee....who is giving you your whoop'n?[/rquote]MM as an electrician an with the constant use of knices to cut tape, strip cables cut rope, i cut myself pretty good 5-6 times a yr, usually cut myself when i put a new blade into the utility knife, im used to it, no big deal to me, just these girl, freakin out gave me a giggle

20. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1884506&tid=131277&author=kc704]Super glue. Sounds weird, but it's better then stitches. Especially on the tip of a finger. [/rquote]

Yepper, been there done that.:2thumbsup: