Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

xdm

793 views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  racks-n-beards 
#1 ·
i am sure someone on here has one by now, so what do ya think about it? is it or could it be used for a good concealed carry gun. kinda thinking about this again since tax time is here. think i would rather have one in a 40.

#2 ·
[rquote=1574647&tid=109386&author=ross331]i am sure someone on here has one by now, so what do ya think about it? is it or could it be used for a good concealed carry gun. kinda thinking about this again since tax time is here. think i would rather have one in a 40.[/rquote]

I don't have one, I believe they are great guns, but me opinion is they are a little too blocky for CCW. Someone else my get on here and say they are perfect for it though.

#3 ·
Buddy of mine bought one in 40 S&W. He loves it but it's not a compact or subcompact. So, IMHO, might be a little too large for conceal/carry.

#5 ·
I didn't think the m was thinner? The m basically means match grade trigger and barrel and easier disassembly from what I recall. Plus I think it has higher capacity mags too.

#6 ·
I carry an XD .40 Sub-Compact every day for about 12-16 hours a day in an IWB holster. I have no problems with this arrangement and really don't notice much that it is there. I really like the Springfield XD safety sysytem and the way it shoots. A pretty dang good trigger for the type of action it is.

#7 ·
[rquote=1574666&tid=109386&author=Heeler75]I didn't think the m was thinner? The m basically means match grade trigger and barrel and easier disassembly from what I recall. Plus I think it has higher capacity mags too.[/rquote]

it may not be, but i thought it was supposed to be like 1.1in wide.

i may be all kinds of confused on this:shrug:

#9 ·
I have an XDm 40 full size. I didn't buy it as a carry weapon but from what I have seen of the compacts it should be fine for carry.

I really do like mine and as it relates to polymer guns I own I like it better than my Glocks. However the XDm doesn't hold a candle to my H&K USP45C as it relates to ergonomics, trigger, accuracy and all around quality. But that being said I am comparing a $600 gun to a $1000 gun, the extra four skins is worth every penny in my opinion if you want a really really nice polymer gun.

#12 ·
I haven't seen the new sub-compact XDM just yet. I'm standing by to take a look at it though. You just need to find you one that fits your hand. I know that I'll be persecuted for what I am about to say, but I'll do it anyway. Take a look at the Bersa Thunder, I've shot the XD sub-compact and the Bersa Thunder and the Bersa has a little bit longer of a grip on it to catch your pinky finger. Also, you can get the extended magazine for the XD sub-caompact which also cures that problem.Just gotta find what fits you the best...

#13 ·
[rquote=1575110&tid=109386&author=Squid Hunter]I haven't seen the new sub-compact XDM just yet. I'm standing by to take a look at it though. You just need to find you one that fits your hand. I know that I'll be persecuted for what I am about to say, but I'll do it anyway. Take a look at the Bersa Thunder, I've shot the XD sub-compact and the Bersa Thunder and the Bersa has a little bit longer of a grip on it to catch your pinky finger. Also, you can get the extended magazine for the XD sub-caompact which also cures that problem.Just gotta find what fits you the best...[/rquote]

i checked those out on gunbroker and they dont look to bad. where are they made at? i got on their web site and it said something about greed bay wi.

#14 ·
[rquote=1574666&tid=109386&author=Heeler75]I didn't think the m was thinner? The m basically means match grade trigger and barrel and easier disassembly from what I recall. Plus I think it has higher capacity mags too.[/rquote]

Right.. The XDM has a match grade barrel, innchangalble grips, will hold more rounds than the XD, and does not require you to pull the trigger to release the slide when field stripping it...

I have the XD-9 Service model... I compared the two when I purchased mine and didnt feel it was worth the extra money for the XDM... I love my XD... I bought it for a CCW and do not have any trouble hiding it... I can easily conceal it by a IWB holster... Grant it, I have some size, there for it is easy to conceal and comfprtable for me..

Its all a matter of preference... Springfield, Glock, S&W etc...

Rat has an XDM and seem to love it... Im sure he can offer some insight...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.