Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
1,445 Posts
I can say the 129gr AWT also shot around an inch at 100 yards in my Ruger American, trajectory is fairly close to their Precision Hunter round too.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Rural King Wentzville had Winchester Deer Season xp 6.5 Creedmoor 125 grain in stock a couple days ago.
I believe it was like $29.
It was behind the gun counter and they limited me one box.

·
Under appreciated
90,840 Posts
I’m thinking the 129s may be the ticket. Rat suggested the 140s and he isn’t wrong about much.
The reason I mentioned the 140s is because thats what I am shooting and they shot IN MY RIFLE better by a bit than the lighter hornadys. Not enough to matter really for Missouri. I'm reloading with 140accubonds. I just wont have an opportunity to shoot beyond 300yds and any of those will be flat enough to handle that.

The lighter bullets will work fine for sure. I killed a mule deer at almost 300yds with a 110gr 25-06 so anything past that is just fine for killing deer.

You just need to find what your rifle likes Dan... and thats just what it looks like you are doing.

Hit me up next week and I can help you out on something lighter maybe.

·
2,040 Posts
I've been using the fed blue box 140, the American whitetail, and the s&b 156 grain in my tikka and American predator. Both riffles are stupid accurate

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
They had a ton of 140s so I grabbed a box. Like to try 129s or 125s to see how they compare.

·
13,447 Posts
Just sent a PM

·
just a no body
15,163 Posts
They had a ton of 140s so I grabbed a box. Like to try 129s or 125s to see how they compare.
you might find that these are just fine without wasting $$ on the 125/9's. after all it's just a stupid deer with big lungs

·
Quack
5,427 Posts
Reactions: Skduckhunt
21 - 37 of 37 Posts