Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find the official story but a guy and his deer he was tracking both fell off a cliff into the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend and died. Rescue divers recovered the guys body.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
Hunter Dies After Falling Off Camden County Bluff 12-22-2008
Was tracking deer when both fell to deaths
An 83-year-old Sedalia man is dead after he falls while hunting deer in Camden County over the weekend. According to the Missouri Water Patrol, it appears that Robert Parker of Sedalia was in the woods Saturday morning when he shot a deer and was trying to track it. During the tracking, both the deer and Parker fell from a rock bluff into the Lake of the Ozarks. Water patrol divers recovered Parker's body at about 2:45 Saturday afternoon in about four feet of water. Patrol officials believe the accident happened at about 10:00 Saturday morning. Family members had reported him missing Saturday morning when he didn't contact them after the hunt was to have ended.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
What?

This makes no sense.

Foul Play?

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Originally posted by Shrapnel
What?

This makes no sense.

Foul Play?
Doubt it, foul play on pushing a old man AND a deer over a bluff?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Originally posted by Shrapnel
What?

This makes no sense.

Foul Play?
I just took it as tracking the deer's blood through the snow so intensely that you followed the deer RIGHT to its resting place.

And I'm with marshall.....not sure how you can foul play the deer into it. There's got to be everyone's tracks in the snow. It should not have been very hard for the Water Patrol to track the gentleman from his stand location.

Parker

·
King of Callaway
42,625 Posts
I'm guessing the ridge prolly didn't have real good footing either, I'm sure if the blood trail led off a cliff I'd have to peak at the bottom myself then all ya gotta do is slip, did that twice this weekend :scared:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
WOW
bad deal for sure.

was there snow on the ground there
we dont have any at all here ?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:peepwall: Sorry brick. I may not know what I'm talking about. I took that for granted......I thought most of the state was covered in snow right now.

Parker

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
yep, we were up there the other day and there was a good 2-3" of ice...not snow..but solid ice everywhere out in them parts

·
Under appreciated
88,091 Posts
terrible deal

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
naa
we dont have a spec on the ground
just a heavy frost this morn.

man i got to get that wood stove hooked up:stickfight:

·