Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had only a few mins to get your belongings out of the house in the event of a flood or fire or other tradgedy, would you get your mounts or your guns out of the house. I am saying this as if your whole family and pets were already to safety.

I would go for the mounts since I have no guns that can't be replaced. I can't replace the memories that go along with my deer and trukey mounts.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
i'd grab the mounts, and send the wife into the blazing inferno to grab the guns:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I probably wouldn't even be thinking about the. There would be some much going through your mind at one time. But if I did, it would prolly be the mounts because they are closer to the door than the guns.

·
Under appreciated
88,168 Posts
Guns for sure... they can score you more mounts.

I have way more $ in guns than mounts cause I aint too gooda hunter.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Would fer sure be guns, don't have any mounts.......just a few skull caps and one homemade european!!

·
Registered
69,536 Posts
I'd say my guns. I have a special attachment to most of them. Like my very first gun I bought with my paper route money when I was 15 years old. Then there are my grandfathers guns, my father in laws guns.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
the mounts,the mounts.the heck with the guns. isn't what the safes are for:)

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,684 Posts
This thread brings back bad memories. Been through one of those fires where we lost nearly everything. It's surprising just how much stuff 2 grown men can drag out of a house in 30 minutes, even when the upper story is fully engulfed. We lost all our guns, but my mother has all her pics due to them being one of the most important possessions she owned. I even went back in for the family dog once the fire had moved downstaris. Not a fun time, that's for sure.

It was on a night like tonight to. Very, very cold.

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
Guns:2thumbsup:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
MOUNTS! Oh my goodness I would have never guessed you guys would go in after the guns! :eek:

Parker

·
19,583 Posts
No doubt about it...my GUNS. Some are family heirlooms, and the rest...yeah they could be replaced, but not as quickly as I'd desire.

Check your homeowners policy...I'd be surprised if they were even covered. Even if they were, probably nowhere close to what they are worth. And as far as the family heirlooms...irreplaceable.

And as far as safes...they're only good up to a certain temperature, and only a small window of time at that temperature.

·
Registered
316 Posts
After seeing what happened to Mr. Dunn at Dunn's sporting good store fire 2 decades ago...I'm not going into anything on fire. I choose my health!

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
funny you mention this, few years back wife called me from home alerting me to the fire. of course when asked if she called the fire departent she said she called me first. got to love her. got home, before the fire department and i was faced with the delima, the mounts got out of the house first and then the guns. which was a good thing beings the fire didn't do near as much damage as the fire deparment did getting through my roof and the subsequent water damage.:D

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,486 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
No doubt about it...my GUNS. Some are family heirlooms, and the rest...yeah they could be replaced, but not as quickly as I'd desire.

Check your homeowners policy...I'd be surprised if they were even covered. Even if they were, probably nowhere close to what they are worth. And as far as the family heirlooms...irreplaceable.

And as far as safes...they're only good up to a certain temperature, and only a small window of time at that temperature.
Your homowners will cover anywhere from $1000 to $5000. I have a safe but bought an additional policy on my guns this year, its cheap piece of mind and covers every penny.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Guns for sure cause like Rat I ain't to good a hunter I guess, I've never taken anything I thought big enough to do anything more then a euro mount to.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Easy call for me, GUns, I do not have any mounts and the racks I have are nice to have but not that nice

1 - 20 of 50 Posts