Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

PICK ONE.

• Leave it like it is.

• Leave the season at three weeks but add all day hunting

• Add a new archery season before shotgun do NOT ad all day hunt but allow only two birds per hunter.

• Add an archery season before shotgun and add all day hunting allow a total of two birds per hunter.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Grrrrrrr
30,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you prefer an early archery only season, all day hunting, both or neither?

I’d prefer a week or two of archery only before the start of the regular season. Same number of tags....just more days to hunt.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
I voted for both archery and all day, but I can tell you that MDC will do all day before they do archery unless they do them at the same time. From conversations Ive had they view archery as extra opportunity for the same people that already have a lot of time to hunt. All day they believe will add opportunity for those that have none or little chance to hunt currently.

15,025 Posts
A few years ago I was talking to MDC Jason, and he said he would love to have an archery only season as he always travels to Kansas and Oklahoma that does. but yet here we sit..

· Super Moderator
28,586 Posts
selfishly yes I would hunt an archery turkey season, as well as all day hunting. But, jezzo, let's give the quarry a chance, a 3 week season to 1pm is just fine. I would absolutely not support ADH or a MO archery season for turkey. If the turkey population get past the golden mean (haha) and solve the BS environmental resistance Whatever TF that is, and we get back to populations of where we can kill 60K in the Spring and a ton in the Fall, perhaps an archery season would be reasonable, otherwise, we can use our bow for three weeks now, and even crossbows are acceptable as well for those three weeks.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,132 Posts
So, are the people against a turkey archery season also against deer archery season?

Archery specific seasons are not needed, never were. But I still like having them. Managing numbers can be done with any methods seasons.

I don’t care all that much, but it stands to reason that a person against it, also is against deer archery seasons. More time to go sounds like a good idea to me. :thinking:

· Registered
14,419 Posts
So, are the people against a turkey archery season also against deer archery season?

Archery specific seasons are not needed, never were. But I still like having them. Managing numbers can be done with any methods seasons.

I don't care all that much, but it stands to reason that a person against it, also is against deer archery seasons. More time to go sounds like a good idea to me. :thinking:
deer and turkey are different. We are not trying to manage an overpopulation of turkeys like we are deer

· Super Moderator
28,586 Posts
I'm not, it was my understanding that archery was added to allow more opportunity for hunters while at the same time the herd was needing to be reduced in numbers. IMO very bad to liberalize regulations when things (TURKEY POPULATIONS) ARE GOING south!

· Registered
3,227 Posts

I don't care all that much, but it stands to reason that a person against it, also is against deer archery seasons. More time to go sounds like a good idea to me. :thinking:
/\ And this right here is ONE of the reasons turkey numbers are declining. Because people (mostly hard core deer shooters) think that managing the two species is the same. Kind of like managing their deer farm for waterfowl habitat.

smh

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.