Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Would You Kill Her??

2K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  Transplanted Hoosier 
#1 ·
I have a Doe by the house with a Fawn.I can almost set my clock by her.I'm planning on killing 3-5 Deer.

Would you kill her just to have one in the Freezer?

oneshot
:D The Big Grin thinks she will eat just the same.

#5 ·
Originally posted by BustinBucks
How many do you normally see on your property?
I only have 20 acres.I killed 6 off it the year before last.

I figure even if I don't shoot her up here by the house she will move down by one of my Stands and I'll shoot her anyway.

oneshot
:D OH!OH! Let the Big Grin try.

#9 ·
Dave, don't kill her. Get rid of yer dogs and then make that doe yer new house pet.:hysterical: Then by th rut she'll be hanging close to the house and you can get a buck off yer front porch.;)

Jack

#14 ·
Originally posted by highgear40
Originally posted by JackJr
Dave, don't kill her. Get rid of yer dogs and then make that doe yer new house pet.:hysterical: Then by th rut she'll be hanging close to the house and you can get a buck off yer front porch.;)

Jack
Sounds like a plan.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Seriously though now that I have mentioned this ole OneShot will think on this. Course any big bucks were to show up Tina would have to do the killin'.:D

Jack

#16 ·
My mother-in-law is feeding a doe behind her house. I have started buying her corn for the deer. I plan to shoot that doe. :) She gasps when I tell her the master plan. My father-in-law says we will shoot her (the doe), bone it out, and run the meat down to the processer while she is at bingo. She'll never know what really happened.

Shoot the doe.

#20 ·
Well I have 4-7 does that come down to the pond 175 from the house about each night and I set back in the back yard and watch them. Just today I put some apple and corn blocks out I just got. Now I hunt 400 yards on the other side of the pond and I just use them for that nice Buck that will come around.

Dang this was getting long, on only 20 acres, yeah I would shoot her lol

#21 ·
I would say take um both! :sniper:

#24 ·
She is a Young Doe,the Fawn is just about big as her and has lost its spots.

Couple years ago had couple Does coming in the front yard,the wife was going to set up in some Hay and try to get a shot.I come in the drive the Does are in the front yard,wife is in the House reading a Book she got bored :roll2:

I know about my Wife and Bucks following Does.I was taking a nap about Noon opening of Firearms Season one year,hear BOOM.Get up wife is hollering at me to get this Buck off her Clothesline.Seems she seen a Doe run by the Kitchen window,went and got the Shotgun loaded with Slugs.There was this 10 point running by the House,wife shoots it,it jumps up,got tangled in her Clothesline.

I'll probably shoot this Doe if she is still coming up,she is feeding on Polk Weed.

oneshot
:D She is like the Big Grin likes her Wild Greens.

#26 ·
I agree that it depends on how much you like having her around.

If I were in your position and didn't think I'd have a problem filling my freezer with other deer I may leave them both alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.