Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has any insight on the area up around Grant City in Worth county. Coming from Michigan, I've got a chance to do some bowhunting up there this fall and was wondering if anybody is from that area or has hunted up there. The farm I'll be going to is about 5 miles east, northeast of Grant City. The place looks and sounds very good. A little timber, drainages, CRP. Thanks for any input and good hunting!:cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
bud,

I've hunted adjacent counties, so I don't know about your spot, but I think it's safe to say that a rural area in NW MO will have some deer around.
If the area has a lot of open ground, you'd be surprised how the deer can hole-up in small patches of isolated cover.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I took this 11 pointer with 6 1/4" bases at a farm 2 miles NE of Grant City during the 2003 gun season. My son and I hunted this same farm last youth season and saw a very large 12 point. Unfortunatly he couldn't get a shot at it. There are some big ones up there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Budman,

I have a good friend who lives and hunts in Worth County...from what he says, it is worth your while to check it out. I am a couple of counties southeast of there (Daviess). I have hunted NW Missouri all my life (but never in Worth Co.), and can tell you that you will be pleased with the number and quality of the deer in this part of the state. Chances are you will encounter some nice bucks.....Good luck!

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
That haus has some HUGE bases!
Yes it does. That corner of the state should be productive for ya budmandev :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the input! I'm really looking forward to making the trip. Looks like the week of November 5-11! I'll be checking to see all the successes come September 15 for you guys. I've got to wait until October 1 here in Michigan. Thanks again and good hunting!

PS Beauty buck, JRNYRAVN! :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.