Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it back from OK safe and sound and wanted to hunt really bad so I went out last evening.

Started off on the wrong foot by listening to Fishshooter, those of you who know him, use his voice to read this next part:

Well I been seeing them, you know that that little pull off before gate E off of CC? go back in there by them there pines, I think they're bedding in there and feeding into the wheat just before dark.

Well I head out there around 2ish, bout on empty in the gas tank, drive around over to Gate E, which ain't off CC and have no idea where he is talking about, come back around to CC and find the drive just before gate D and a fella is parked there, by now my truck is screaming at me for gas, I drive all the way back into Fulton and fill up, turn around and drive back out,

it's 3:30 at this point and I have no idea where to hunt, I felt so lost and stupid and questioned why I even deer hunted. All the food plots are out and there is no sign around any of them and I honestly had no idea what to do.

I am crazy upset by this point and just pick a spot, 2 cut corn fields, I walk back in to a ridge that leads to both plots, find lots of runs of which none are being used, now I'm screwed cuz it's 4 and I'm 3/4's of a mile back in the woods and no fresh sign.

I din't even bother climbing a tree, I just sat in the middle of a tri-trunked tree and watched the trails I saw hoping deer might use them today. Sat till just about dark and then;

Stupid squirlle is in the top of the tree and knocks snow down the back of my shirt so my back is wet and cold, I stand up to get it out and jab myself in the eye with a stick

I have had enough and start to walk back out and I didn't zip my bag back up and all my crap falls out.

This is where I made the almighty mistake of asking what else can go wrong out here. I get back to the truck and try to get in and my locks are frozen. I tried for 1/2 an hour to get them unstuck and nothing.

By this time I have a sore eye, frozen back and locks and my hands are freezing and burning.

My phone is in the truck so I can't call anyone so I decide to walk up to the guard shack at the Nuke plant and get Fishy's little but out there to help. I get about half way there and another hunter from St. Lou is coming out of the woods late and I ask him for a lighter.

Finally get my key hot enough to get the locks to a point I could force them open at about 6:15.

Guess the night ended ok though, had a hot meal ready for me when I got home and cold 40 o af bud.

:shrug: What's a fella gonna do, hopefully this weekend will be better

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Dang Blev you the Chevy Chase of deer hunting or what? thats to funny

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
you'll have that on dem big hunts!:D

Sorry! All jokes aside I've had hunts like that! Not fun:whinging:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,222 Posts
Sounds like fishshooter needs to show you where this gate is. Sorry you had one of those days.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Na, I know which one it is now and it wouldn't have mattered last night cuz there was a truck in that drive when I went by it.

sides, it's fun to blame stuff on Fish:claphands: In fact, I think everyone should do it even he didn't have anything do with them:D

·
Under appreciated
91,796 Posts
Could only happen to you blev. LOL

Hope it gets better for ya man. :cheers:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
[rquote=1527867&tid=106504&author=marshallgrn] Dang Blev you the Chevy Chase of deer hunting or what? thats to funny[/rquote]

We lovingly call him shleprock:claphands:

:cheers::cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.