world record 8 from mo?

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by grimreaper8, Feb 26, 2006.

1. grimreaper8

grimreaper8 New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    was at the illinois deer classic and boy were there some true hogs there, but me and a guy who does antler replicas got to talking and he mentioned a world record eight point that was shot in missouri by a kid. i dont know if he was throwin heat but he said it was shoy in 04 and keep on the extreme low down. he claims hes seen the rack, he tells me 36 and 37 inch main beams with 11 inch bases and 27 inch inside spread. the guy seemed like a trustworthy guy, and why would he lie about it, i just dont see how it didnt come out earlier
  2. T- Bone

T- Bone New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Wayne County Iowa
    there is a 122 inchs without the tine length & the rest of the circumfrences. Id like to see these 11 inch bases that is huge!!

3. :eek:

11'' BASES!!! WOW!!!

I'd love to see that deer.

I bet you got fireman pacing the floors thinking about this giant :rotfl:
  4. Big John

Big John Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I would not like to see that deer at all, I haven't cried in years and I don't want to start now. LOL
  5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    that would be a deer.:banana:
  6. grimreaper8

grimreaper8 New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    like i said dont know if its true just heard it from a guy who said he saw the rack???????
  7. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    11" bases?

It was from Mo right?? Well SHOW-ME! :D
  8. MObuckman

MObuckman Active Member

Nov 27, 2005
    alright, someone give me an object to compare what 11" bases would be similar to? That just sounds far fetched to me...
  9. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    if its that big and he want to keep it "shady" it has to be poached. shot with a rifle and tagged and an archery! cuz i know if anyone of us shot a buck that big legally we would be gloatin our arses off!!
  10. grimreaper8

grimreaper8 New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    11 inches is almost 2 soda cans
  11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    "11 inches...around. Think about it!" -Steve Stiffler in American Pie...:D

And 11" would be a world record base circumference too! :eek:
  12. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    the world record 8 point thing is believable, until those measurements get thrown out there. Seem a little far fetched to me, but i'd love to see it.
  13. grimreaper8

grimreaper8 New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    the guy told me the rack was locked in a vault and they have lawyers and all kinds of legal matters with the buck, its in the process of coming out to the public so well see. he said its going to be soon, well see if he was telling the truth or not
  14. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

No doubt Lefty....I'm a skeptic...I hear rumors every year about world records, state records, all comes out in the wash.....take the Poosey buck for example...rumored to be a new state record archery kill...nice buck, but not a record!!!
  15. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

i think grimreaper is full of it. this guy has no idea. he didnt even go to the classic. maybe you should stick to walking around the woods looking for your next small shed. :cheers::cheers::cheers::rotfl::rotfl:
    but really cant wait to see it if its true