WoooHooo !!! stepdaughter is going to prison

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Johnny, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    After all these years of having the stepdaughter laying around the house , to lazy to work . She recieved a call today from the prison and starts work tomarow ! Got so excited I had to tell someone . At 24 years old it is about time who knows she might even get her oun place .

2. chuck88

chuck88 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    boy, that headline got me :eek:
    glad to here its good news:eek::

3. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    According to everything I read the average age for kids moving out of their parents house is 39 yrs old.The age for being financially responsible is 46 yrs old.:D

4. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    [rquote=1885658&tid=131371&author=Big L]According to everything I read the average age for kids moving out of their parents house is 39 yrs old.The age for being financially responsible is 46 yrs old.:D[/rquote]

That why at age 16 I started to get my son luggage for christmas and his birthday and when he turned 18 I got him a uhaul. :D

5. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    [rquote=1885678&tid=131371&author=Roscoe Dog][rquote=1885658&tid=131371&author=Big L]According to everything I read the average age for kids moving out of their parents house is 39 yrs old.The age for being financially responsible is 46 yrs old.:D[/rquote]

That why at age 16 I started to get my son luggage for christmas and his birthday and when he turned 18 I got him a uhaul. :D[/rquote]

Good luck with that . Our average here is 20 but the longer she stays the higher the average goes and you would have to know her to understand my excitement . At her age she still throws tantrums , slams door , stomps through the house , and has started cussing us when she doesnt get her way . She was about to go job or not .

6. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    [rquote=1885687&tid=131371&author=MoDeer][rquote=1885678&tid=131371&author=Roscoe Dog][rquote=1885658&tid=131371&author=Big L]According to everything I read the average age for kids moving out of their parents house is 39 yrs old.The age for being financially responsible is 46 yrs old.:D[/rquote]

That why at age 16 I started to get my son luggage for christmas and his birthday and when he turned 18 I got him a uhaul. :D[/rquote]

Good luck with that . Our average here is 20 but the longer she stays the higher the average goes and you would have to know her to understand my excitement . At her age she still throws tantrums , slams door , stomps through the house , and has started cussing us when she doesnt get her way . She was about to go job or not .[/rquote]

That seems to be the norm now a days for that age group. I know quite a few people that fit that description. There are exceptions to it though, and married one of them.

:2thumbsup:

PS... I was financially on my own at age 22, and living on my own then as well. I owned my own home at age 24...

7. Gakic24

Gakic24 Active Member

Tell her to stick with it... Its a very toxic environment, but aint for everybody.. Hope she sticks with it and likes it... Great Career and lots of job security..:cheers:

8. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    My son moved out the day he turned 18. Came home from work and his stuff was gone. My wife didnt like it but I was fine with me. We get along fine but he just didnt like my rules.

9. lma

lma Active Member

[rquote=1885641&tid=131371&author=chuck88]boy, that headline got me :eek:
    glad to here its good news:eek::[/rquote]x2

10. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I've worked in the corrections field for going on 2 years now. To say that it's a toxic environment is spot on. It can be VERY hard at times. Not too physically demanding but it's a wicked strain on your attitude. You've got to be a pretty strong person to take it seriously but not let it get the best of you.

Just tell her to battle the desire to become complacent. It can get you hurt.

11. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    My brother is a CO at Bonne Terre,gets like 3 or 4 months a year off paid,talked to him a while back he had to take 3 weeks off or lose them.They get several weeks vacation,sick time,personal days,comp time,dont sound bad to me.

12. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    Throw em out. They will figure it out.