Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am STILL rebuilding my pop up and I am looking for some "fake wood" stuff that comes in rolls like wall paper but you peel the back off and it sticks on the surface.

It's not formica or the like.

I've seen this up north but can't find it here and I dang sure don't know what it is called so I can't look it up either.

any help would be great

·
17,685 Posts
wood covering is what you call it blev:D:rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought of that stuff but will it hold up to heavy use,

was planning on using it on the cabinets under the stove and sink

·
King of Callaway
42,625 Posts
Originally posted by hillbilly
My thoughts presisley

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I don't think that stuff will hold up to that type blev cause the brother and I recovered the base of one of those turning glass gun cases from wally world we got for wow $50.00. and some of it is peeling a bit on the corners.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I might just go with a laminate of some kind then or just rebuild them using real wood

·
Registered
449 Posts
They used to call that "contact paper" dunno what they are calling it these days.

·
Under appreciated
88,095 Posts
Originally posted by fishshooter
Originally posted by hillbilly
My thoughts presisley
I thought wood covering was something you may need on trips to the east side?

Just rebuild it with wood... you wont ever get that contact paper to stay "stuck".

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,795 Posts
You can get wood laminate that is real wood at places like Woodcraft or Rockler. It's not a peel and stick, but has to be glued down.

Where in the camper do you plan on putting this?

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,682 Posts
Originally posted by venatic
You can get wood laminate that is real wood at places like Woodcraft or Rockler. It's not a peel and stick, but has to be glued down.

Where in the camper do you plan on putting this?
Adhesive backed veneer. Not sure it's up your alley though blev, cause I know how tight you are.:rof2::rof2: If you're doing very much, it's not cheap. If ya decide to go that way though, let me know, I can order whatever ya need.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks PW, I think I have decided to just rebuild using real wood and I am going to hit up Hoods for some cabinet doors

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,795 Posts
Heck, you can hit up Hoods for cabinets too. If they have the right size you're looking for.

Another place to check for cabinet doors, is at an RV dealership. I bought some for the pop up we had when I wanted to cut out under the dinette seats and put doors on it for easier access. I got four matching doors for nothing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts