Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Witnessed a crying shame at Cabelas

3K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  BedfordBooner 
#1 ·
A guy and girl probably in their late twenties were looking at bows this afternoon. Neither of them had obviously been around archery what so ever. The girl (good lookin) wonders over to the traditional gear and is admiring the beauty of a recurve, while the dorky guy is drooling over some tactical cross bow with a bipod and flashlight on it. She talks him into trying out a recurve with her. They both try one out and she is a natural and he is flinging arrows everyone but where he wanted. He gets mad and gives up and goes back and gets a cross bow to try out. He leans over and uses a couple of boxes for a rest and fires one and it comes close to hitting the mark. He then slings it over his shoulder and says I'll take it! She was so frustrated!

#17 ·
I must have had the wrong cabellas associate when I took my 9 yo daughter to look at compounds. It was like pulling teeth trying to find a sales associate initially and then when we did find one he wouldn't let her test drive the bow. The experience only hardened my stance against box stores. I called Mike at Mikes archery in St Peters and bought her a Matthews. All that being said she likes her TenPoint better.

#18 ·
#19 ·
Flatbiller??

#21 ·
cabelos

I must have had the wrong cabellas associate when I took my 9 yo daughter to look at compounds. It was like pulling teeth trying to find a sales associate initially and then when we did find one he wouldn't let her test drive the bow. The experience only hardened my stance against box stores. I called Mike at Mikes archery in St Peters and bought her a Matthews. All that being said she likes her TenPoint better.
finding a knowledgable sales associate at cabelos at mills mall is a rariety thats why I go to bass pro that and cause Ive been known to work there occasionally lol that being said I must say sounds like you have a smart girl there matthews makes a nice bow but its hard to beat a ten point I shot compounds for years before I got handicaped even droped a deer in its tracks while on a dead run but even my best compounds couldnt out shoot my ten point:eek::

#23 ·
A guy and girl probably in their late twenties were looking at bows this afternoon. Neither of them had obviously been around archery what so ever. The girl (good lookin) wonders over to the traditional gear and is admiring the beauty of a recurve, while the dorky guy is drooling over some tactical cross bow with a bipod and flashlight on it. She talks him into trying out a recurve with her. They both try one out and she is a natural and he is flinging arrows everyone but where he wanted. He gets mad and gives up and goes back and gets a cross bow to try out. He leans over and uses a couple of boxes for a rest and fires one and it comes close to hitting the mark. He then slings it over his shoulder and says I'll take it! She was so frustrated!
And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.