Wireless cameras?

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by techteacher, Nov 7, 2017.

1. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    Does anyone use the cameras that link together so you can check them without going in the woods? I am not looking for the ones that text pictures I don't have good enough cell service for those. If you use them post a review and which you have tried.

coon_hollar likes this.
  2. josten367

josten367 Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Northern Boone County
    https://jet.com/product/detail/20ce...m-YkSpR3IKXkHo9deaNYbnvrXFz93_sBoCtwoQAvD_BwE

Something like this that you are looking for? This is up to 250ft from camera. It is nice not to have to go to the camera to get the pictures.
    I wish someone would come up with a camera system that will start at the house that connects to wifi and the next camera down the line is another 300 feet from it and you can connect more and more cameras to cover your whole property. They would have to have solar for power because they would eat up a lot of power sending pictures.

3. antlercrazed

antlercrazed Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    North Missouri
    I have read great things about the Cuddy Link system.I think I'm going to try the solar links s from Spypoint though for my next cam and get them texted to me.I hear they only need one bar service so I should be good.But I would like to try the cuddy link but I'm too poor to afford 4-5 cameras lol

4. techteacher

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    They have them. I was reading about it in a magazine. That's what I want info on.

5. swat1018

swat1018 Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    LaBelle
    I agree Cuddeback Cuddelink is suppose to do it. I'm sitting back watching after some of the last cuddebacks.....

WBF likes this.
  6. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Moultrie has a wireless System that hooks to thier 2015 and newer Trail Cameras You can add on. :thinking:

7. josten367

josten367 Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Northern Boone County
    Yes but that is cellular stuff that you have a monthly subscription.

MAKE YOUR MOULTRIE GAME CAMERA INSTANTLY WIRELESS.
    The Moultrie Mobile Field Modem MV1 is designed to work with any Moultrie wireless compatible camera manufactured in 2015 or later.

The Moultrie Mobile System operates on the Verizon Wireless 3G data network with flexible and affordable prepaid data plans available directly from Moultrie, regardless of your current wireless provider. No contract required and no activation fee!

8. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting the Spartan HCO Go Camera...I can add it to my AT& T bill at a cheaper cost since it's just send pic's to my cell phone and I believe it takes an SD card to hold pictures in the camera.
    Screenshot_2016-09-24-21-52-06-1.png

9. MATTG

MATTG Member

Dec 8, 2005
    MID-MO
    The only one I know of is the Cuddelink. It looks and sounds really slick. I would love to pick up a bunch of them. They are coming out with a home base that isnt a camera but collects all the images. You can leave that at your house or cabin or somewhere close. I have not seen a review of them yet. I have been watching TrailCampro and the other websites to see how they operate and what the battery life is.

10. G4Farms

G4Farms Living The Dream

Feb 18, 2013
    Missouri
  11. antlercrazed

antlercrazed Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    North Missouri
    The Spartans we tried had terrible battery life,hopefully they fixed that issue

12. techteacher

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    I was reading that one earlier today. There are not a lot of reviews but the ones there are sound good. Battery life seems really good also.

13. techteacher

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    There is not good enough service at my farms for the text option. I am looking at the cuddelink or similar it sounds like they are he only ones with it.

14. techteacher

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    Put up 8 this weekend I will see how they do next week. They have a signal meter on them so we walked around and found spots that had good signal. We could cover a lot of ground with good signal I was really surprised. This is 90 acres of really thick woods.

coyotehunter likes this.
  15. swat1018

swat1018 Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    LaBelle
    Cuddelink?

16. techteacher

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    Yes

17. swat1018

swat1018 Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    LaBelle
    I'm really interested in them. Looking forward to your opinion. I don't live on the farm, would like to set up a network of them, and use the cellular base to send all the pics to me. Supposedly will be possible in 2018.

18. techteacher

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    That's what I hear. We hid the home camera so if someone trespasses and steals them we should get pictures of them on the home camera. I am anxious to see the results also. I will be checking them in a week when back at the farm.

19. techteacher

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    I checked my new cams today and they are awesome. I had some really good pictures and never had to set foot in my property. My buddy sat where we had the most pictures and missed a doe. He saw 10 deer in the woods. Without checking Them we would have both hunted the corn field. I hunted it and only saw three. Granted this is only after a week but they all communicated great.

Dafish likes this.
  20. swat1018

swat1018 Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    LaBelle
    Do they run on "D" batteries like most Cuddebacks? Any feel for battery usage, I know it's only been a short time.