Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Well let's do it in Brownsville Texas if we gotta do it in the winter.;)

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
got summer 3d shoot too don't for get that........i personly think winter might be a bad idea just becuase you never know what travaling is going to be like but a good gigging trip in the ozarks with a real fish fry is a dang good time on a gravel bar.

so is hazyer thinking of moving the spring camp out up with the turkey season or having it after?

my vote is after season personally just throwing my vote out there early :wave:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7

How bouts one in say Jan somewheres? Nuttin like campin in the winter.. I looove it.. makes it bearable to sit around the campfire...
Get all over it Rebs. This is an awesome idea.

Make it somewhere souf of 54 Hwy and it'd more than likely be very pleasant weather wise.

Le'mme know what you want me to do. :cheers:

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by blevely
I'm all over a winter gathering, that's my favorite time of year, Actually anytime it's 50 or below I'm happy.
Here here!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Originally posted by blevely
I'm all over a winter gathering, that's my favorite time of year, Actually anytime it's 50 or below I'm happy.
I'll triple that since jMac beat me to the double. He blevely next time you gots to get on the Party Wagon with us.:dancin::dancin:

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Well your next opportunity will be the Spring Campout. It's a must attend, but bring a tent and some rain gear. We'll feed ya all kinds of good food that will ruin your diet:banana:

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
Yes... lets do it!

I will help out wherever and however I can. :wave:

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
oh man, if rat's in then I'm all over it too. Maybe we should make it at Big Ceder Lodge though, rent a whole row of cabins, take the wimmin folk, and have a great time. It may be a little more expensive for everyone, but you could make a Christmas treat for that special someone in your life (YOU). I could call or contact Big Cedar and ask about discounts or something.

Just some ideas. I know if'n we were tent camping my wiff wouldn't attend in the winter.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer

Just some ideas. I know if'n we were tent camping my wiff wouldn't attend in the winter.
You do realize that the climate @ Springfield, MO is different than Jamesport, MO don't you? FAR different. Tent camping in January can be fun.

I'll go on record as voting against the Big Cedar idea. But I am just one vote. If we wanna take it indoors there are many fine places available. Places where I am sure they wouldn't mind if we had a hillbilly hayride, not so at Big Cedar.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Hail I don't know what our southern Missouri breatheren do in the winter time. I doubt that I've been south of I-70 (in state) during the winter months. Anyways, I was just throwing out an idea. Tenting would be fine by me (anytime) and the wiff (if'n it's moderate)

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
I'll camp in the winter..

Big cedar would be fun but man... it'd be a shame if we couldnt haul a bunch of orderly, mannered ladies and gentleman around
on Pipes tour wagon. :cheers:

You all decide, and I'll be there to help :eek:

·
Retired
9,535 Posts
Well---the only time I get away from work is during January and February----You will be able to find me some where near Cozumel or maybe a little farther south this year.

If all else fails the I'll be spending my afternoons at Landry's on 45 hwy near the end of Galviston Island!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Camping in the winter is great fun----the furnace in the motorhome will run almost 3 days before I have to fire off the generators and re-charge the battery banks!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.