Wings Over Whiteman - Airshow - June 6th

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Chairman, May 31, 2009.

1. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Anyone going?

I'm hoping I can go... :claphands:

http://www.wingsoverwhiteman.com/

20th Anniversary of the B-2

Lee Greenwood Concert - after show - FREE

[file]59109[/file]

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    That will be a good to see..................:eek::

3. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    Thanks Chairman, I saw a flyer on that last year and then forgat all about it. I think da Mrs and I will head up.

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Love that avatar Snowman :claphands:

5. CodeRed

CodeRed tutoring the most interesting man in the world

May 31, 2007
    I wish I could go..however our team is on a relay for life scheduled for that weekend...

6. rangerdvr

rangerdvr Senior Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    I'll be there.....kinda have too since I am in charge of the Ramp. If any of you come I am the "Ramp Boss", I'll be going 90 MPH working issues all day. I'll be drviing a golf cart and it should have a Ramp Boss sign on it as well. Stop me and say HI.

If you are handicapped enter the base through the south gate, the parking area designated for you is on that side of the base. Please visit the web site and look under FAQ's if you plan on coming. See ya there

7. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Been to it in the past well worth it to see:cheers:

8. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Never been...and I live just 20 miles South of the base. :roll2:

I wonder if there will be food vendors?

I don't see where they'd allow coolers...if ya' know what I mean?!

And just as important...I hope there's some shade!

9. atdalake

atdalake New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Missouri
    Man, I'd love to go to that. Unfortunately it is the same day as the world famous Olean Testicle Festival. :cheers:

10. MoBowman

MoBowman Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Headed out in the morning with me wifey and my folks, here is a link to the WINGS OVER WHITEMAN AIRSHOW for those that are interested.

http://www.wingsoverwhiteman.com/index.html

Chairman, if ya make it give me a call on the cell and maybe we can meet up :2thumbsup:

11. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    It was quite the show! We arrived around 12:30, and stayed until 4:30. We were planning on staying for the Lee Greenwood concert, but we were hot & tired.

We did stay long enough to witness the re-enlistment ceremony, though. Well...we heard it, anyways. There was quite a crowd, and unless I'm up front, it's hard to actually see anything.

Brought back a lot of memories, too...especailly sitting on the flightline.

All in all, we had a great time...

Sorry you couldn't make it, Mike. Hope Mrs. MoBowman is feeling better.

We think we may have seen Snowman, but it was hard to tell. There was a spot on the flightline, that looked like someone dumped a cooler out...but then I started thinking...hmmm, could that have been Snowman?! It was so warm, he would have melted!

[rquote=1281583&tid=89660&author=rangerdvr]If any of you come I am the "Ramp Boss", I'll be going 90 MPH working issues all day. I'll be drviing a golf cart and it should have a Ramp Boss sign on it as well. Stop me and say HI.[/rquote]

I watched for ya'...we sat just South the B-2, along the rent-a-fence, straight across from the Spirit of Florida & Spirit of Georgia hangars.

Sorry we missed ya'...I'm sure your hands were full enough, though.

I took LOTS of pictures, and I'll get 'em posted soon.

12. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    The B-2s are AWESOME!
    Ever been on Truman when they fly over? It is absolutely freaky that you can't hear them pass. First thought is "Man, I'm glad they are on our side" and second one is "how am I gonna get my britches out of my ...."

13. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1289953&tid=89660&author=htredneck]The B-2s are AWESOME!

Ever been on Truman when they fly over?[/rquote]

That's the main reason I went...I wanted to see 'em up close & personal... :D

I live exactly 20 miles South of Whiteman, so we do have 'em flying over once in awhile. We see more of the A-10's...pretty much on a regular basis. And the Apache too, of course.

One night, I had my Red Heeler outside so she could do her business, and I saw the marker lights of a B-2 was coming in low (probably on final approach). It was going to go directly over our home. I knew what was coming, but this was going to be my pup's first experience.

She's never finished her business in such a timely manner, as she did that night. :rof2:

14. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    [rquote=1289953&tid=89660&author=htredneck]The B-2s are AWESOME!
    Ever been on Truman when they fly over? It is absolutely freaky that you can't hear them pass. First thought is "Man, I'm glad they are on our side" and second one is "how am I gonna get my britches out of my ...."[/rquote]

It was the same way when I was going to school in Warrensburg. Standing outside one day and heard and looked up and already over the top of us. :eek: