Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried one of the new Winchester Model 70 Featherweights made by FN? If so, how accurate are they? Winchester had some accuracy problems with them for a while and if they fixed it, I think one of these in 7mm-08 would make just about the perfect packing rifle...

·
Registered
13,736 Posts
I've had two of the USRAC FWTs, a 7x57 and a .270, neither gave me any trouble at all accuracy wise, but the stock fit was "off" for me, the buttstocks were too long (and too pretty to shorten) so I traded them off for other, better fitting rifles.

I only "know" one or two guys on the Internet who've got the new BACO FWTs, but both of them seem very happy with their rifles. If you look around at www.24hourcampfire.com for BOBinNH, he's got a new .270 he seems very happy with, he's the one that comes to mind, first.

While I like them, I wish the buttstock was a bit shorter, especially when you're bundled up for cold weather. I stuck with the Winchester 70, but went to the Sporter model, which has a shorter buttstock(and has a 24" barrel). No real velocity increase, (not enough to matter, anyway) but the fit is better, for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts