Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
31,720 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
To build on what Trapper said, If you have powder and primers, MBC Missouri Bullet Company, offers coated cast bullets that shoot well. Finding jacketed hunting projectiles to load has not been an easy task lately. Expect a sight adjustment will probably be necessary. Don't fret about terminal performance. The cast round ball has worked well for a long time. Just put it in the right place.

·
Registered
844 Posts
You're getting your money's worth out of this thread.
If one thing good comes out of the ammo shortage, we sure love to b!tch about it!

·
Registered
32,535 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have run through a hundred rounds in a day at the range too. Have also burned over 5k rounds in a week but not when I am paying! I just love to shoot.

But right now? No sir.

I ran through one box of 30/30 the last time I hit the range and that’s it, I put that gun up for the year!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wish I coulda been there for that one. I hope you bought your limit

·
Registered
527 Posts
I bought a Model 94 last week from a friend and he threw in 2 boxes of 30-30. I called Academy and they said they sometimes get 30-30 and to check back the next morning. They got about 50 boxes and I went and bought 3 boxes for $21/ box.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,496 Posts
Lever guns are addicting.... I have 3 right now, Marlin 336 SC in 30/30, Win94 in 38/55 and a Browning BLR in .308Win.

If I get a chance to sight in the 38/55 with the new 225gr loads I put together for it, I'll probably take out during antlerless season.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lever guns are addicting.... I have 3 right now, Marlin 336 SC in 30/30, Win94 in 38/55 and a Browning BLR in .308Win.

If I get a chance to sight in the 38/55 with the new 225gr loads I put together for it, I'll probably take out during antlerless season. View attachment 226498
Adding 38/55 to the list. Just looked it up. Looks like a pretty cool round.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts