Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a novice when it comes to scoring deer on the hoof....what do you guys think about this one?

[file]81927[/file]

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
156"

Im saying the G2 and G3 tines are 10 inches and the G4 is 5 inches the browtine is 3 inches. thats on the right decent mass and good long sweeping mainbeams, possible 18" wide. statt him at 100" add the tine legnth.

·
11,357 Posts
Hard to tell from the small picture but I would guess that he might make the 145" mark. As I said the pic makes it really hard to judge, Nice buck though:cheers:

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
[rquote=1492420&tid=104241&author=DForbis]Hard to tell from the small picture but I would guess that he might make the 145" mark. As I said the pic makes it really hard to judge, Nice buck though:cheers:[/rquote]

this

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Enough.....Kill him, mature buck, score him later!!!:cheers::wave:

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1492456&tid=104241&author=FiremanBrad]Enough.....Kill him, mature buck, score him later!!!:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

Thats what I think, Mature= shooter

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm working on putting an arrow in this buck! I filmed him as he bedded down 75 yards from me on 10/17. I put the full court press on him and put over 100 hours in the stand on this piece of property and never laid eyes on him again...

I then got him on camera 3 nights in a row last week on the same bench that I filmed him on back in October. As usual, he's showing up to this spot after dark and coming back thru before daylight.

I think I know where he is bedding most of the time and he has to cross a gravel road to get to my place. I think he waits till after dark to cross the gravel road, then drops into this hollow where the camera is....

One option is to get closer to his bed and hope to catch him while there is shooting light before he crosses the road. Option two is to wait awhile to see if he starts coming across this bench during shooting hours.

What do you guys think? There is a healthy clover plot right above the bench where the camera is and I'm sure the colder it gets the more he'll be coming to it.....

·
11,357 Posts
Yeah the late season hard weather may push him to feeding early a night or two. The key is being there on the nights he slips up. I always hate to take a chance crowding the bedding area. I always hate to take a chance at bumping him and changing his pattern. Just my :02:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sounds like he's in his home range now. If the bedding area is seperated by a gravel road I would move closer.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,040 Posts
[rquote=1492498&tid=104241&author=DForbis]Yeah the late season hard weather may push him to feeding early a night or two. The key is being there on the nights he slips up. I always hate to take a chance crowding the bedding area. I always hate to take a chance at bumping him and changing his pattern. Just my :02:[/rquote]

The food source on the nastiest days is going to be the ***** in his Armour. Good luck with him, he's a shooter for sure.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
[rquote=1492498&tid=104241&author=DForbis]Yeah the late season hard weather may push him to feeding early a night or two. The key is being there on the nights he slips up. I always hate to take a chance crowding the bedding area. I always hate to take a chance at bumping him and changing his pattern. Just my :02:[/rquote]

Thats my thought too. I wouldn't move real close. It'd be my luck he'd walk out right after the last few mins of light and I'd either have to kick him out to get home or just spend the night in the stand. If I had a choice I'd cloose option 2. I also agree with PW. If it were me.....I'd wait til muzzy season and get in there and get set up on the food source. Of course I'd still bowhunt from your current location in case he slips up before muzzy season....but you can sure bet I'd be on that food source openin morning of blackpowder season

1 - 20 of 31 Posts