Will They Need a Permit?

Discussion in '(MDC) General Information' started by oneshot 1, Aug 6, 2017.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    If anyone takes me to the river for Trout Fishing and helps me even though they have Fishing License will they need a Trout Permit?

While I'm at it if they are helping me Deer Hunting will they need Deer Hunting Licenses for the season they are helping on?

Thing is I can have people help but their not wanting to buy Permits.

oneshot

:D Considering the Big Grin is a Dog will she still have to have a Permit.

2. Maconplc

Maconplc Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    That depends on what you mean by "Help". If you do your own baiting the hook/casting/retrieving/landing your fish, then they would not need a permit. The same is true for deer hunting. If it's just a matter of helping you get there and sitting with you while you hunt then they do not need a permit. The moment they blow a grunt tube, etc. then they are actively participating in the hunt, which they need a permit to do. Helping you to retrieve a downed deer would be fine. If you are trout fishing but not in one of the trout parks and they have a fishing permit, then they can stand right beside you and fish for smallmouth or goggle eyes while you fish for trout. They must immediately release any trout they catch if they do not have a trout permit.

Mailman likes this.