Will falling leaves trigger a decent trail camera.......?

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Cedar Thicket, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

I didn't have to worry about it last year (my 1st trail cam year) because I had a cheapy camera, and it prolly wouldn't catch the leaves..........

But I now have a middle-of-the-road camera. And was wondering how many pictures of leaves falling I will have next weekend.....

Any guys have comments on this...

2. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Shouldn't trip it.

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Haven't had many falling leaves trigger mine, but have had blowing brush trigger. Squirrels are the ones that get me the most.

4. deerhunter365

deerhunter365 Active Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Salisbury/Marceline
    shouldnt have a problem with leaves. usually squirrels and birds like to get their picture taken

5. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    Depends on the camera! I had more night time pics of leaves. But flying birds during the day-usually on one side of the pic- you had to really look though! LOL!

6. Bajacoop

Bajacoop Senior Member

Apr 6, 2009
    SouthEast Missouri
    I get quite a few false triggers of either leaves, limb blowing etc.

7. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Yes they will....I've gotten pics of moths flying in front of my Moultrie.

8. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

I've only had a few pictures of the leaves falling....had to look close to try and figure out what in the world set it off but when You have the trail camera set on 2 or 3 picture mode then jump back and forth to each frame You spot the movement and see the leaves or moth flying by that tripped the camera...a few times I looked to the corner of the picture and could see the back leg of a Deer just slipping out of the frame...so sometimes it is an animal that crossed in front of the camera but made it out just in the knick of time? :shrug:

I have also found that when You view the SD/Pictures on a Computer screen it is easier to pick out the details and enlarge it when in doubt about something...and when I take my SD card to Walgreens on darker pictures you can "Enhance" it to lighten up the back ground and see whats there much better! :cheers:

9. Brian_J_BT_MO

Brian_J_BT_MO New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Bonne Terre, MO
    I have gotten lots of trophy leaf pictures with my Moultrie.