Wildlife Coop

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by Thayer, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    What would you guys think about a pow-wow of the conservation groups in Missouri getting together to have a day of meetings and seminars and booths, raffles, and presentations. Say DU, NWTF, PF, QU, QDMA, MDC...and whoever else would want to be associated. Would you be interested?

2. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Yup, well as long as it some what close! :pop::pop::pop:

3. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Sounds good to me. I'd say it would be a must that MDC be there. More exposure to the thoughts and feelings of the hunters can only help.

4. Wooddust

Wooddust Active Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Good Idea if nothing else to get all these outfits to learn we all have the same target audience and that we all benefit from each others success.

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sounds like a good idea!!! MDC will want to run the show of course, so let em, but make sure they make plans to set and listen as well!!!

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I would definitelay attend ~ but I would think it should at least be a 2-day event. There's no way I could absorb all that, in just one day... :pop:

7. bodoodle

bodoodle New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    kansas city
    They could have a couple of em at different places around the state, with gas price and all. I think a lot more people wud attend them that way.

8. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    Can you guys hook me up with contacts from these other organizations, in our state? I can search the internet and find some contacts but with your help, it could save some time...Thanks!!

9. Wooddust

Wooddust Active Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Isnt that what the Missouri Conservation Federation is all about?

10. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana

Indiana has a open house type face to face forum for people to come in and talk one on one or as a group with state game agency reps. It's been pretty successful.

11. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    Nope, the CF of MO is more legislative and not geared more towards hunters and private land owners. The idea was proposed to one of our branch officers by a MDC wildlife consultant. He would like to see if there could be a networking of these groups in his county to generate more interest in these different organiztions and to show what these individual groups forte are. Just an idea Wooddust, to get a neat little seminar in the works.

12. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    hell ya!!!
    as long i dont have to drive 200+ miles!!!

im new to foodplot planting and so addicted!!!

13. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

thayer you know ill be there. hope to see you wednesday