Wildflower seed exchange

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by jaytee, May 24, 2009.

1. jaytee

jaytee New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Fair Grove
    I know this has been discussed in the past but I thought I'd bring it up again. I just got a catalog from Hamilton Seed and was looking at the prices for the WF seed. I knew it was expensive but holy moly. Anyway, I got to thinking about how much it was gonna cost to buy a pound of this, a pound of that and thought, what if we could get several folks on here to each buy a pound of seed, then we swap each other for a nice selection? Not sure how much a pound of seed will do but my guess is A LOT. If we could be 10 or so folks to buy a pound each of a different vairety and then swap 3 or 4 oz. of each, might make it much cheaper. I know that they also sell it by the oz. but by the pound is MUCH cheaper. Anybody up for this or not? I know we'd have to figger out a fair proportion for those who buy some of the more expensive seed but I'm sure we could get 'er done.

2. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter New Member

I might be interested in the idea.

I know come fall when they have gone to seed, a lot of times guys do swaps with what they have growing on their property. If you have somwthing to swap with you could maybe make a deal for no cash at all.

Some guys are looking for mast seed some for NWSG or forbs. You might wanna wait till then and see what is available or maybe someone can find the swap thread that was going last year.

3. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

jaytee, what all are you looking for?? I picked 1500 worth this past fall of various wf's. Let me know what you are looking for and maybe I can pick some of it and we can swap for some other stuff that you can get that I cannot.