Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swiss Meat & Sausage Co. (Hermann, MO.) not only captured the Missouri Grand Champion Wild Game title for their Buffalo Summer Sausage, but also took Reserve Grand Champion honors for their Elk Summer Sausage, at the annual Missouri Association of Meat Processors annual meat competition & show held March 3-4 at the Holiday Inn Select, Columbia, Missouri.

Cloud's Meat Processing (Carthage, MO.) took Champion with their venison summer sausage, while another Buffalo Summer Sausage made by Western's Smokehouse of Greentop was awarded Reserve Champion.

·
Banned
81,617 Posts
I don't believe they were that good,,,,,,,,,,they will have to send me a roll of each for me to make a determination.:D

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
I'm with ya on that one Henry. Perhaps they should send me some too. I'm a fair and partial judge.

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Originally posted by henry
I don't believe they were that good,,,,,,,,,,they will have to send me a roll of each for me to make a determination.:D

:cheers::cheers:
Thats what I'm thinkin !

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Well shoot... Swiss is right down the road from where I hunt!

Looks like my next deer will be headed there!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
That is where my Brother in law has taken his deer in the past. He doesn't eat the meat, he gives it away. A guy from work told him if he got one to have it all made into meat sticks. Cost the guy at work $500+.
I have had some Jalopena brats from Swiss and man were they good.
They do good work and my BIL and freinds like what they get.

Just stay away from I think it is called Herbals in Herman. I gave them 23 pounds of venison meat and they were to add 40% pork to what I gave them. I got back exactly 23 pounds of sausage. What happened to the other 40%? Shrinkage? Never went back to them after that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Both Swiss and Heberles are just down the road(s) from where I live, and I've had great turn-outs from each.

Heberles has the best summer sausage, and Swiss vacuum packs their meat. IMO you can't go wrong with either.

Al, they should have made it right with ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.