Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have wild boar runnin round where they live? We have been getting more and more sightings up here in Bland and surrounding areas.

Just last month they had 2 reports in the paper of some being killed, and 7 mos ago or so the wife almost hit one with the truck 3 miles down the rd from here. A guy killed one a year ago just 2 miles down the rd, so they are here but just not thick enough to see them everyday, i wish they would though. Im sure they are thicker down south, i would love to go shoot a few, nothin better then a slab of dead pig on the plate and i have never had wild boar.

·
Under appreciated
91,781 Posts
Beltfed.. you anywhere near Glaser Hollow Road?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have been doing a lot of trail mapping with my gps in the MTNF south of the fort. Supposedly, a few years back, one was killed not too far from our house but I am yet to see any sign (mud wallows, mud rubbed on trees, rooting, and tracks) at all. I wouldnt mind whacking one but I dont know how close to my house I really want them either.

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
seen several and TONS of sign in the mtnf down around bradleyville, mo.. lots of wallows, rubbin on trees, tracks.. etc.. etc. My dad shot one 2 years ago durin ml'er season... i havent had a shot at em, but have seen em, one night was gettin down out of mah tree stand and yeah it was dark, and yeah like an idiot i fergot mah flashlight.. so newho, i was getting down and all the sudden.. lots of gruntin and oinkin and leaves rustlin.. wheew.. talk about hair on the back of yer neck standin up. I was lucky enough to have a glow stick.. so lit her up.. tossed it down and on the way down i saw TONS of eyes.. wheew.. so i aimed at the first pair of eyes i saw and blam.. missed, but did help the piggies disappear.. i got down and proceeded to RUN lol to my 4wheeler about 500 yards away. would of been great for the funniest home vidoes..a big fat guy runnin in the dark from pigs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.