Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife starts her training for the post office rural driver at 8 am on 04-03-2006. For the next 3 weeks she will be in training. We still not find out how menny hrs she will be working once training is done. We are hoping she will have at least 30 hrs a week once actual job starts.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Is it a civil service job?

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She will be a rural carrier associat. She had to take the civil service exam to get the job, and she got 10 points adeed to her score from my veteran status. But with her being a rural mail delivery person instead of a intown/city mail delivery person I not know if its considerd a civil service job or not.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Either way, sounds great! Send her our luck, hopefully she enjoys it!

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it was me. Well when she got her first letter back in december and went down to talk to teh postmaster for her first intervie, she went down to Irontone. But then in early february she got the call to go do her paper work for her background check, and had to go to farmington for that. They had her put farmington down in all the papers, so we are thinking she will be rural driver for farmington but we are not totally shure. Since we live in farmington it woudl be nice for her to deliver for farmington drive time to get to post office annex wise. under a 10 minut drive in trafic.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
That's cool. My g/f's family (aunt, cousins) live in the postal city of Ironton, and they would be on the Ironton rural route. You can't beat a 10 minute drive to work!

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
City delivery and rural delivery are two totally different worlds. Believe me she chose the right one to go into. The last two years I carried mail in the city were total HE**. That is why I retired as soon as I was eligible. 55yrs old and 30 years service. Leaving the P.O. was the best thing I ever did. The rural carrier job still is an OK job but I wouldn't recommend a letter carrier city delivery job to anyone. The actual work is OK but the harrassment from all the supervisors is intolerable. Maybe that is why the city where I carried mail was on the National Violence In The Workplace List.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Congrats to both of you................:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.