Wife and I.....

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Cherokee, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    went out today to see if we could get her first bird. We saw several, my calling didn't spook them but they didn't come running either. My wife spotted the first bird, a hen with a 5 inch or so beard. We came home without a bird, but we were happy spending the day together. Since Thursday is my birthday we took the day off to turkey hunt together. Maybe our luck will change.:D

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Sounds like a perfect day to me..

good luck :cheers:

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Nothing like a wifey that will hunt and fish with you! Sounds like a good time!

Like my wife always says, if you cant beat'em, join'em.:dancin:

4. Seventine

Seventine New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Missouri
    Rat, your wife is competely right...its a blast to hunt with your significant other!:dancin:

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Sounds like a great day Cherokee!!! Glad that you both enjhoy spending a day together in the woods!

Oh and Happy Birthday, a couple days early!!!

6. Chinook84

Chinook84 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    I think you two had a perfect day! I hunted with my ex husband and will just say, it wasn't enjoyable.
    Since, I have a wonderful boyfriend, we went deer hunting last fall together, many a days of not seeing anything, but had a blast. Then I got my 2nd buck while he was with me, thats only my 2nd deer ever deer hunting. We just have fun, will notice every little thing, it's just neat to hunt with your significant other (if you like each other).

Good Luck on Thursday and hope she gets a bigger tom than you! :wave: