Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Retired
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little story to relay to everyone---and NO there is no BEAR involved--but after reading Rat's post it flashed into my mind real quick.

About 7 years ago I had joined a forum like this "Hunting and Fishing" but the members were not real nice about how they treated new people to THEIR FORUM" The forum was nothing like this one and for that i'm very thankful-----

I was almost afraid to even post on that forum for fear of getting the standard one line come back from one member that sticks out real well---his words were "This is the Internet you &*^%#%^ *%^#!" aint nothing that happen on here real---so get a life.

I didn't post for a long time due to this one factor--why get up-set over something that happens on the internet. Well--I finally did start chatting with a few of them and then I got this invitation from some fella names 11-87 to meet him on tanney for some trout fishing. Knowing that area well and knowing where he was going to be I decided "WHY NOT"

I met a super guy that day and that was my first experiance with meeting any one from the internet. I have since met a very long list of super folks and most all of them I would open my house for and fix them some eats and a cold brew---------

So for the few of you that saw me give a fella a hug the other night when he arrived at the get to gather-------11-87 is now known as Center Punch---and yes I have spent time with his family and he has spent time with mine---and ya know what---we will do it again in the future!

The moral----------"Be Nice" ya never know for sure!:cheers:

Love ya Bro!!!!:cheers:

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
No worries PMAN.. CP really is that kinda guy and everyone knows it..
You too bud... I really enjoyed chatting with you.

For me, the reason I am on this forum is r2ahunter.. He really is the brother that I never had.
The reason that I was not at the gt Friday is cause I was down the road at r2's helping him hang a stand
and releiving him of some of the beer he had bought. lol

Ya'll have him to blame for me being around!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
:cheers:

My first in-person meet with an internet buddy was Chairman! And you can all imagine how great that went! We had a great time. :cheers:

Parker

·
Retired
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by rat
No worries PMAN.. CP really is that kinda guy and everyone knows it..
You too bud... I really enjoyed chatting with you.

For me, the reason I am on this forum is r2ahunter.. He really is the brother that I never had.
The reason that I was not at the gt Friday is cause I was down the road at r2's helping him hang a stand
and releiving him of some of the beer he had bought. lol

Ya'll have him to blame for me being around!!
How bout we just give him a simple

"Thank You":cheers:

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
most of you know the wierdos I met at my first gt from the internet,not fun having a loaded 45 at your nose,if it wasnt for troy moore I would of never met some the greatest guys and GALS,I came real close to never posting on a website now you cant get me to stop :D

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Clansey told me about this site, and he introduced me to Mr. B at a deer show in........Moberly? I talked with Mr. B for about 5 minutes, and figured that I needed to check things out.

I was awefully young and dumb then, and I was encouraged at a young age by the likes of Pman and JackJr early in the game.

Now....I've been here for a while.....just noticed last night that I tripped 6,000 posts.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
My favorite, and most worth-while meet so far was when I met DSG for the first time last spring.

Our internet personalities at the time were clashing, and we got to talk it out in person, and REALLY get to meet eachother. Everything went great, and we've been fishing together since then, and shoot the bull on a VERY regular basis.

Can't wait for him to be up this way again this spring for crappie fishin'. :cheers:

Its just SO freaking good to meet people that's got the same REAL passion for the outdoors......oh.....and people that can help you get your a/c fixed for cheap.....(pipe). :D

Parker

·
Registered
902 Posts
Jmac ran across this site when we were looking to find a hunting lease. He liked it so much, that he convinced me to sign up. The first members (other than Jmac) that I met in person were DSG and alwyshntn at a 3-D shoot in St. Elizabeth this past February.

Edit: I was so impressed with DSG's amazing trick shots, that I just had to keep in touch with him. :rotfl:

The amazing 45 yard lynx shot and the trick shot through the blind. :hysterical:

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Pman...didn't we post over at the old MDC site?...met Ernie a number of years ago in Columbia...and when you shake his hand, you feel better for it!

just kinda sorted filtered over here and lurked for a while...

·
Retired
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have watch lots of you folks defend your site with some very fast come-backs to folks----What are you protecting any way--------

Something that you all have inside that bonds you togather as a group--its hard to allow an outside in that group without them passing your test first------------

I know I giggle a little when I see how other web sites refer to this one----kind of makes me smile too--------:cheers:

·
Retired
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by DanF
Pman...didn't we post over at the old MDC site?...met Ernie a number of years ago in Columbia...and when you shake his hand, you feel better for it!

just kinda sorted filtered over here and lurked for a while...
Yes we did---I think that was about 5 years ago----You my friend are a gentleman!:cheers:

When you coming down this way?

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I haven't been down that way in ages...but I keep meaning too...need another canoe and I can usually find a scratched up one cheap at a store down there...but, the teenagers gots me busy running around to cross-country meets...football games...life is crazy, but good...

we ought to meet halfway for some spring white bass at Truman...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The person responsible for DWB stinking this board up from time to time is our dearly departed HUSTLER. He invited me, a total stranger, into his home when we first moved to Missouri and introduced me to the site. Been checking in from time to time ever since...

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.