Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
just a no body
14,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see now things are registered if your post is edited ... Why? I dont recall that being like this before?

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,048 Posts
mrb turned that feature back on. If it says (edited by pinwheel), you'll know you posted something not allowed.:rof2:

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
get use to seeing it on mine...........see:hysterical:

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by coyotehunter]

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
used to be that way, way back when, think you could turn it off in the user control panel at one point not sure if that's still the case or not.

When it was off you could post somethin, get folks all inflamed, then go change yer post and act like nuthin happened... :whistle: :rof2: :rof2:

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by DWD]

·
Under appreciated
89,826 Posts
I kinda like it... always reminds me what the date is. :D

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,048 Posts
[rquote=1499634&tid=104637&author=coyotehunter]get use to seeing it on mine...........see:hysterical:

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by coyotehunter][/rquote]

Is that cause you're wishy washy or don't know how to spell:rof2:

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
its because my hands don't move as fast as my brain.plus them dangs cigs slow the typing down:D

·
Registered
69,798 Posts
I might add on this topic that I was always using my moderator powers and going back in on an individuals post and correcting some of the spelling mistakes. I'm one of the few left from the "Old School" that like some type of sentence structure and punctuation in my type written communications. I'm not the best speller by any means but it does get under my skin when it is very obvious and may give the post the wrong meaning if left alone.

Now... if I do that everybody thinks that the poster did something terribly wrong and I had to edit his/her post.

So.....YOUR SPELLING from now on.... will remain the way you guys type it on your post.

See....I edited my own post so you guys now think I did something wrong....and I did....I didn't leave a space between two letters in the above post between two words I typed in a hurry.

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by Mailman]

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
[rquote=1499655&tid=104637&author=Mailman]I might add on this topic that I was always using my moderator powers and going back in on an individuals post and correcting some of the spelling mistakes. I'm one of the few left from the "Old School" that like some type of sentence structure and punctuation in my type written communications. I'm not the best speller by any means but it does get under my skin when it is very obvious and may give the post the wrong meaning if left alone.

Now... if I do that everybody thinks that the poster did something terribly wrong and I had to edit his/her post.

So.....YOUR SPELLINGfrom now on.... will remain the way you guys type it on your post.[/rquote] don't you go messin with my spellin or iwillputaperiodinwhereacommashouldbe,ispelljustfine:scared:

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by coyotehunter]

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
[rquote=1499655&tid=104637&author=Mailman]I might add on this topic that I was always using my moderator powers and going back in on an individuals post and correcting some of the spelling mistakes. I'm one of the few left from the "Old School" that like some type of sentence structure and punctuation in my type written communications. I'm not the best speller by any means but it does get under my skin when it is very obvious and may give the post the wrong meaning if left alone.

So.....YOUR SPELLING from now on.... will remain the way you guys type it on your post.

See....I edited my own post so you guys now think I did something wrong....and I did....I didn't leave a space between two letters in the above post between two words I typed in a hurry.

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by Mailman][/rquote]

maylemahn edhitted ahl ov mye spallings beefour. nouw ime nott shoor if aneewon wil bee aybal too reed mye postes. its nott fayre I saye:whiteflag:

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
Got it. :eek::

[Edited on 12/5/2009 by Modeerhunter]

·
Registered
19,796 Posts

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by Mailman][/rquote]

picky picky picky :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

[ NOT edited by knockemdeadd:D ]

:wave:

·
Registered
69,798 Posts
Maybe if mrb can give me a red pencil I can just make the corrections here on my computer screen....:thinking:

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
[rquote=1499674&tid=104637&author=Mailman]Maybe if mrb can give me a red pencil I can just make the corrections here on my computer screen....:thinking:[/rquote]

:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2: im thinking you already do that! :D:cheers:

·
Registered
69,798 Posts
[rquote=1499674&tid=104637&author=Mailman]Maybe if mrb can give me a red pencil I can just make the corrections here on my computer screen....:thinking:[/rquote]

Never mind....I've been told that the teachers of today are not allowed to use red pencil to correct any misspellings. It might make the student feel inferior to the others in the class.
Just Say'n:shrug:

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
[rquote=1499674&tid=104637&author=Mailman]Maybe if mrb can give me a red pencil I can just make the corrections here on my computer screen....:thinking:[/rquote]:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1499639&tid=104637&author=rat]I kinda like it... always reminds me what the date is. :D[/rquote]

Also reminds you of what your member name is rat:D:hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
So let me get this right that some mods are going a3ound and fixing posts due to bad grammer. Wow seems silly to me I thought this was a hunting sight not hooked on phonics. I feel if you are searchin for grammer problems on posts you have way to much time on your hands.
I LOVE A CERTAIN MODS OF " its just the internet" folks this isn't a essay english class. WOW!!!!!!!!!! Please check closely I may have missed a few capitol letters in there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts