Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

Under appreciated
So wait.... all the guys doing "live from the stands" and posting on here arent "doing outdoors things"????
Not spending all day doing it.
Live from the stand is usually about what you are seeing and how the hunt is going, not bickering about covid and turkey trapping. Especially if a guy takes the time to go out west and hunt big game. Bickering on MWT would be the last thing on my mind if I were hunting in a setting like that.
wow

馃槅 馃槅 馃槅 馃槅 馃槅

Under appreciated
live from the stands are usually...well...live from the stand hunting action or no action updates???
You mean live from the stand isnt for covid bickering?

Who knew

Reactions: SMPtrucking

Vendor
Not spending all day doing it.
Live from the stand is usually about what you are seeing and how the hunt is going, not bickering about covid and turkey trapping. Especially if a guy takes the time to go out west and hunt big game. Bickering on MWT would be the last thing on my mind if I were hunting in a setting like that.
wow

Whos spending all day doing it? Certainly not me...

You aint me. Maybe you should worry more about you.

Vendor
You mean live from the stand isnt for covid bickering?

Who knew
So its ok to post on MWT or facebook or whatever while hunting as long as the content is acceptable to @rat ???

How bout doing work from the mountain? Is that acceptable? Is it ok to face time my kid on her first day of preschool? Is it ok to check scores of games? How bout responding to email? Man, this sure is a complicated code rat came up with.

Under appreciated
So its ok to post on MWT or facebook or whatever while hunting as long as the content is acceptable to @rat ???

How bout doing work from the mountain? Is that acceptable? Is it ok to face time my kid on her first day of preschool? Is it ok to check scores of games? How bout responding to email? Man, this sure is a complicated code rat came up with.
I didnt say anything was right or wrong and didnt invent any code.
Just said that people doing live from the stand posts dont normally bicker about covid and turkey trapping, after you tried to defend what you are doing by mentioning live from the stand posts. lol

You sure spend a lot of time defending yourself. Did you ever think that some of it is indefensible? lol

M脙隆istir an pointe hocht.
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
You might be a screwball if.....

While on an Elk hunt out west, you spend your time bickering on a web forum about turkeys and covid....

Typically, when I take a vacation to hunt, fish or even play golf.... I rarely post on MWT, and if I do, it's only to keep my points standing on the trout thread up....... so only important stuff. :D

Reactions: 421sd

Vendor
Post up some elk pictures I鈥檓 having withdrawals.
If it鈥檚 your time it鈥檚 your time . Do what you think is best and go with it .
See, this is a good attitude from someone that actually elk hunts.

I tried to post a couple elk pics but it says they are the wrong file type? Maybe because I downloaded them from the card to my phone? Ill try to figure it out and send some. Heres some non elk pics
Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Carnivore
Plant Natural landscape Grass Sheep Working animal
Plant Sky Natural environment Tree Natural landscape
Plant Plant community Sky Natural landscape Branch
Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Bedrock

Vendor
I didnt say anything was right or wrong and didnt invent any code.
Just said that people doing live from the stand posts dont normally bicker about covid and turkey trapping, after you tried to defend what you are doing by mentioning live from the stand posts. lol

You sure spend a lot of time defending yourself. Did you ever think that some of it is indefensible? lol
Its all perfectly ok and normal. You are just obsessed with me. You need to work on yourself and leave me alone. I have my stuff together. Can you say the same?

Vendor
You might be a screwball if.....

While on an Elk hunt out west, you spend your time bickering on a web forum about turkeys and covid....

Typically, when I take a vacation to hunt, fish or even play golf.... I rarely post on MWT, and if I do, it's only to keep my points standing on the trout thread up....... so only important stuff. :D
What do you do during the down time?

The only reason I can stay here for almost 2.5 weeks is because I am plugged in the whole time. I wouldnt have it any other way.

Discussion Starter · #52 ·
What do you do during the down time?

The only reason I can stay here for almost 2.5 weeks is because I am plugged in the whole time. I wouldnt have it any other way.
Well, what I don't do is argue covid and turkey predation, or whatever turkey topic you are rehashing this week. :D

Hand held Yahtzee is my goto time killer when in a tree stand.

All my western hunts have been spot and stalk, there is no down time on those.

Under appreciated
I take some level of comfort being able to make calls or contact people in an emergency When I am in a remote area.

I certainly dont argue on Internet forums or mess with facebook when I am supposed to be paying attn to what I am out there for in the first place.

Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I think a lot of people dikk around on their phones when in a tree stand, etc.

I guess if he's sitting over a water hole or wallow in a ground blind, and has good cell coverage it's not a surprising thing to do to kill time. I personally don't care for that style of hunting out west, although it can be quite effective.

I'd much prefer to hunt spot and stalk, and keep busy......

Vendor
Well, what I don't do is argue covid and turkey predation, or whatever turkey topic you are rehashing this week. :D

Hand held Yahtzee is my goto time killer when in a tree stand.

All my western hunts have been spot and stalk, there is no down time on those.
Handheld yahtzee might be fun, but it accomplishes nothing.

Im going to go try and spot and stalk a deer in a few minutes.

Vendor
I take some level of comfort being able to make calls or contact people in an emergency When I am in a remote area.

I certainly dont argue on Internet forums or mess with facebook when I am supposed to be paying attn to what I am out there for in the first place.
Who says Im not paying attn??

Again, you need to take randys advice and focus on YOU. Stop obsessing about me.

Vendor
I think a lot of people dikk around on their phones when in a tree stand, etc.

I guess if he's sitting over a water hole or wallow in a ground blind, and has good cell coverage it's not a surprising thing to do to kill time. I personally don't care for that style of hunting out west, although it can be quite effective.

I'd much prefer to hunt spot and stalk, and keep busy......
We have stands up, and Ive sat them a few days. Always the wrong days though....

We have a huge area to hunt but the elk are almost all concentrated in a small area. Its hot. They are only talking and moving early morning and late afternoon. Gotta kill some time the rest of the day.

Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Handheld yahtzee might be fun, but it accomplishes nothing.
FYI..... Posting stuff on MWT accomplishes the same thing as playing hand held yahtzee. Just in case you wuz wondering... :D

Reactions: 90acres

Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Obviously you are not paying attention, because anyone who is, knows it's rat who says you are not....

Com' on man, get with it. :D

Under appreciated

Again, you need to take randys advice and focus on YOU. Stop obsessing about me.
You are the one who keeps responding.

Stop obsessing about what is said here.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts