Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are surprised that a buck comes from a certain county?

Now I am asking because I for one am not surprised that any buck comes from any county!!!

:cheers:

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Because some counties are not known for producing quality, like most of SE MO. Just a simple observation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why because the deer are not posted on the internet???

Because they are not in the big magazines???

Please tell me why!!!

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
[rquote=1481860&tid=103618&author=looking_for_guns]Why because the deer are not posted on the internet???

Because they are not in the big magazines???

Please tell me why!!!

:cheers:[/rquote]

I know your from Cadet and see a few good Wash Co bucks every year. But for every one you see there, there are 10 coming from the better counties. Just simple truths.

I live where Wash, Franklin and Jefferson all come together, so I know the quality and quantity of the deer around these parts plus I drive all over this area for work and have hunted it. It doesn't compare witht the better areas. trust me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen about 6 that have came from Washington County this year that would be right close to the one that was posted on here today

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
[rquote=1481897&tid=103618&author=looking_for_guns]I have seen about 6 that have came from Washington County this year that would be right close to the one that was posted on here today

Ya, and in No MO there be some farms that produce 4 or 5 that size just on that farm. I've hunted both areas. It's just the facts. That why I have switched to hunting North MO. Better my odds of the big one coming by. Don't believe me, just ask Lonnie Hansen, he'll tell you the same.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
[rquote=1481910&tid=103618&author=macon county boy]never seen a big deer in north mo.[/rquote]

Me either. Just heard rumors:scared:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I`ve got a buddy in washington county that takes massive bucks, 2 years ago he took a 16 pointer with a 6 in drop tine. I`ve lived in it, and hunted it for the first time this year. Even with my friends trophies, I still have to agree, that the quality of bucks isn`t what I feel it should be. Admittedly my experience in this County is limited to HWY 185, and also HWY N.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could it also be the amount of poachers that a certain have the amount of QDMA that is practiced in a county?

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
[rquote=1481901&tid=103618&author=looking_for_guns]They was already dead Zen :stickfight:

Well................shoot 'em again. :D :hysterical:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think that I might have got shot if I would have shot the ole boys trucks the deer where in :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Soils have a bunch to do with it Jay.

Age, genetics, and habitat.

Followed by food, cover, and water.

If you were able to be bellied up to a protein buffet everyday of your life you would be a hoss too.

Our bucks in southern Missouri have an age factor that the north mo bucks don't usually see.

Big woods equal lots of cover, but they don't get the protein they need for the trophy standard antlers.

Just get you about 10 acres of clover for every 100 acres that you hunt and you will be real happy with the quality of deer that run your place in just a few years.

Just sayin...:cheers:

·
Registered
245 Posts
[rquote=1481910&tid=103618&author=macon county boy]never seen a big deer in north mo.[/rquote]

Are you Joking?? :quackquack: :quackquack: :thinking:

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I'm with Thayer. Beyond any comparison, Washington Co. has less crop land than say counties up north, or along the Mo or Mississippi river bottoms. Its genetics I reckon. I reckon they all taste the same in the end though. :cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts