Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my girlfriend out hunting on Sunday so she could shoot her first deer during doe season because we never saw a thing every time I took her during regular season. On Wednesday the neighbors finally got the corn out of the field next to ours and the deer had really started moving. About 30 minutes before sun down a truck drove down the road and pushed a deer from the ditch out into the field in front of us. Without really looking at it, just seeing that there was a deer there, I had her get the gun ready while I grabbed the binoculars. What I came to see next made me sick to my stomach.

I am only 20 years old and have been hunting for about 7 years. I haven't saw many big bucks except for ones on tv and on walls in people houses. The buck that had come out of the ditch was a mainframe 10 point with stickers coming off of it in 3 different places. He was only as wide as his ears but kid you not the antlers were at least a foot and a half over his head, maybe more. Then he turned his head and we noticed the points went clear to his nose and were almost touching. This deer easily would have score 170+ and it was hard watching him walk away from a 100 yard broadside shot.. So now.. I am patiently awaiting a chance to go out with my bow and hope to see this guy walk out again. So until them im praying :praying:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
ya got the smoke pole season yet
stick with it :cheers:

·
Registered
31,328 Posts
why cant regular seaon be one week longer

because MWT would run out of bandwidth from the die hard bowhunters posting their displeasure with a rifle hunter shooting a deer.:rof2:

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1492196&tid=104227&author=Jeremy]because MWT would run out of bandwidth from the die hard bowhunters posting their displeasure with a rifle hunter shooting a deer.:rof2:[/rquote]

my guess is because 193,000 in 11 days is enough:whistle:

·
Registered
32,513 Posts
[rquote=1492223&tid=104227&author=MoBowman]That big boy knew when the season was over and it was safe to venture out. Doesn't matter if the season was a week longer. :hysterical::rof2:[/rquote]

x2 on that

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1492239&tid=104227&author=letemgrow]The week needs to start a week earlier, where the gun hunters would catch the peak of the chase. [/rquote]

that would be awesome, then every deer shot at could be running:D

·
Registered
31,328 Posts
[rquote=1492261&tid=104227&author=20 feet high][rquote=1492239&tid=104227&author=letemgrow]The week needs to start a week earlier, where the gun hunters would catch the peak of the chase. [/rquote]

that would be awesome, then every deer shot at could be running:D[/rquote]

indeed, then they could post about the "bad hit" and hoping and praying they find it in the morning:rof2::whistle: again...not enough bandwidth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.