59 Posts

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
I saw deer yesterday and I wasn't even hunting

·
Registered
623 Posts
I went out on Friday last week and sat from 5am until 11 then 1 to sunset every day until Tuesday morning and saw 1 deer twice. My buddy saw 1 spike and the small doe I saw and he shot her Tuesday at 8am so at least he got something to take home. They are locked down in the Ozarks for sure. That cold snap really kicked things off for the opening weekend it seems. Still got my landowner rifle tag for Muzzy season to look forward to. I've taken deer at multiple properties but none off my own this year which is very weird. Sure was perfect weather for being out though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went out on Friday last week and sat from 5am until 11 then 1 to sunset every day until Tuesday morning and saw 1 deer twice. My buddy saw 1 spike and the small doe I saw and he shot her Tuesday at 8am so at least he got something to take home. They are locked down in the Ozarks for sure. That cold snap really kicked things off for the opening weekend it seems. Still got my landowner rifle tag for Muzzy season to look forward to. I've taken deer at multiple properties but none off my own this year which is very weird. Sure was perfect weather for being out though.
Keep after it and things can change in an instant. In my experience the dinks are mostly done cruising now and the bigs are covering ground

·
Registered
623 Posts
Keep after it and things can change in an instant. In my experience the dinks are mostly done cruising now and the bigs are covering ground
I'm tagged out this year on buck tags. Never been able to say that before. I was hoping my buddy would get a crack at one cruising though.

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
Going to be a windy MFer tomorrow. Be safe everyone.

·
Super Moderator
27,731 Posts
Getting ready to hunt one of my most favorite properties, will have the bow in hand and hoping to see some deer here in east central Illinois! I’ll be getting the treatment, dropped right at the stand. Good luck to everyone out today!!
Morning saw a ton of deer half top pin range, no shooters and the long afternoon was a bust! Would not have thought the afternoon could be that slow! Oh well, love that farm! Hunt until noon tomorrow and calm it a season in IL

·
Super Moderator
27,731 Posts
seen a stomper this morning! I think I could probably get him killed by Sunday, but life has me back I STL for a fundraiser! Who scheduled these things during deer season! Bad enough MDC places alternative during Christmas and New Year’s!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts