Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am.

I hereby predict that Tag #1 will be used on or about Saturday, Sept 16. :cool:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I have never punched a deer, yet...have a couple bushy tails to my credit though...go figure :neuspeuter:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Although I look forward to a trophy buck for myself, I am hoping one of my sons or both sons will kill their first deer this year. I am doing my best to scout, monitor and prepare for the hunt so they can have the opportunity beside me. One of my sons witnessed me taking my first deer with a bow two seasons ago so he knows how it's done and wants to do it too. My other son has barely seen deer up close so we have some work to do with him.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Get a back pack and cut him up to pack him or her out.

:cheers::cheers:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,284 Posts
I'm looking forward to just getting out. Any hunt is a good hunt.

·
5,632 Posts
CP, I'm looking for my first arrowed deer. I've lost one and blown some good opportunites but I've only got squirrels to notch in my archery belt.

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by Center Punch
You guys wacking tree rats in the back yards while practicin'? I've been tempted to do it too.
:D
NOPE. The ones I have shot have been while I'm deer hunting. Usually when they make me mad or scare me! :D

EDIT (For Pipe's sake): Ok, not scared....startled! :hysterical:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

·
5,632 Posts
:stickfight:

Please see edit on above post!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
One was while it was a very slow hunting day, the other woke me up...dern thing!:bangin:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
hey i've already got first blood. i was shooting tonight and my dang release broke and i smacked myself in the lip and nose and was seeing stars there for awhile,but i left a dang good blood trail to follow.

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by Center Punch

I guess I meant their very first arrow'd deer. Not the first of this year...
Well, if you mean first arrowed deer with a compound bow, I'm your man... :D

I've taken one with a crossbow, but this will be year #1 hunting with a compound bow. Gawd, I'm nervous... :eek:

I bought MoBowman's used Martin a few weeks ago, and I've been gearing up every since! Gonna start practicing, any day now.

The opener is only about 7 weeks away now. Plus I won a 3-day guided hunt @ Turkey Ridge Outfitters, at the benefit shoot at "In The Sticks" back in June, which is gonna take place sometime in October... :D

No pressure... :peepwall:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
no pressure at all:peepwall:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I AM!!! And I will get one this year... write it down! :D

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
No pressure Rick, hope you get a big un. If not shoot a doe. I always do. I figure it's hard enough with a bow, so the first one I get a decent shot on is dead dead dead.

BTH

·
Registered
786 Posts
CP

with the new regs and phone in checking, you can use your cell phone to check the deer in on site (if you get signal). Once you've called it in you can cut it up and pack it out in any number of pieces/trips you need to.
Good luck! If'n you find yourself needin' some help trackin' call me and the slayer! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.